Sony’s latest PS3 firmware update 3.60 brings a brand new feature for PlayStation users. Actually, for now its only for the PlayStation Plus users. You can now upload all your PS3 Game Saves to Sony’s Cloud storage space for safekeeping and anywhere access. They have also added a twitter based customer support system @AskPlayStation.
Here I am talking about a great PS2 hack and this enables loading or playing a games via a USB hard drive.
Requirements to run PS2 games through a USB Hard Disk
You need following things to do this;
Different Steps to complete the operation
- Format your USB hard drive using fat32 mode
- Now use USButil and with the help of it install desired PS2 game ( either from a DVD or from an image) to the USB Hard disk
- Then defragment your hard disk with the help of Power Defragmenter
- Use elf to bin and create the image of USB advanced elf file
- Now you have to burn this image to a CD using Nero or any other image burning software at 4X burning speed
- Boot this CD via PS2 CDROM and connect your USB hard disk or pen drive to PlayStation
Done! Now you can play any game which is loaded in your USB hard disk or USB flash drive or pen drive
Now do let me know if you have any problem in performing this task.
Back in December Sony’s subsidiary, the SCEE(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) had announced that the Playstation mobile app was coming soon. It’s official now. Playstation App is available for download on iPhone and Android handsets. The free app is available in select countries right now but will come soon to all countries. Continue reading Official Playstation App Released for iPhone and Android
Definitely we can play PlayStation 2 games on PC if our PC hardware is good enough to do this. We can really enjoy most of PS2 games with an amazing and unique PC emulator PCSX2. A community of developers is rapidly improving this free Windows software. Now this emulator is much efficient to run many PS2 games.
You might be interested in:
- 4 Best Emulators to Play PlayStation1 Games on PC
- Test your PC requirements for any game using a simple one min online test
To use this emulator properly we need a minimum PC hardware requirements as given below:
- Minimum Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz Intel Processor ( better if it is over clocked)
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- A fine working graphics acceleration device with 1GB video memory supporting pixel shader ( such as ASUS GeForce GTS 450 )
If your PC is able to fulfill these minimum requirements then you can surely think to play PlayStation games on your computer with PCSX2 emulator
You can download PCSX2 for free
How to play PS2 games with PCSX2
- Download the emulator package
- Install it and get configuration guide from PCSX2 website
- After configuring emulator properly, load PS2 game from DVD drive or load a PS2 ISO image to play.
This emulator is rapidly in beta so be updated with latest version of emulator and don’t forget to report a bug to PCSX2 website.
Gaming emulator is a software which can virtually work like console gaming machine such as PlayStation,Nintendo etc. Developers are working smartly on gaming PC emulators and these emulators are improving day by day. Literally PlayStation 1 emulators are most successful if we talk about all gaming platforms. We can play PS1(PSX) games without a graphics card on PC.
Below are the best 4 PC emulators to play PSX games.
It is the best working PlayStation 1 emulator. It is a free emulator and can run most of PS1 games. Its configuration is easy and you can configure it by its separate configuration utility. It have fully customizable game controller and also supported by PC USB gamepads.
It is another very good working PSX emulator. It can emulate many games but not all games. Your monitor must be configured on 32bit to use this emulator otherwise it will not work. You can play game using PC gamepads.
Adril-PSX is a cool working emulator after ePSXe and its user interface is very attractive with a lot of configuration options. It works without using any plugin. Use the latest version of DirectX to use properly this emulator. It supports PC USB joysticks.
Connectix Virtual Game Station
It is a fantastic emulator to play PSX games on PC. Formerly it was developed to play games on Windows 98 but later its Windows XP patch released to make it compatible for XP. This emulator is not free and you can use its DEMO to give a try.
Try them out and if you are aware of more emulator then do share with us.