Here is the complete list of links to download Apple TV Firmware directly from Apple. Never download firmware from sources other than Apple unless you really trust them, as they might have intrusive code attached.
This iPhone tutorial will show you how to find out what is the current iPhone firmware version and baseband version on your iPhone or iPod Touch. If you are looking forward to jailbreak your iDevice, this is one such information you need. As, every iPhone baseband and firmware have different ways and tools for unlocking and jailbreaking.
The process is very simple but a newbie to iPhone may face some difficulty finding firmware information. In fact, someone recently posed this question at the CallingAllGeeks Help forum and thus urging me to write this iPhone tutorial.
- Roundup of iPhone and iPod Touch Jailbreak Guides
- Where to Download iPod Touch Firmware from
- Where to Download iPhone Firmware from
Firmware basically refers to the software your iPhone is running and it is installed using the IPSW file you download from iTunes or using direct links from Apple. Baseband refers to the modem version on your iPhone. This data is only relevant for iPhone and not iPod Touch or iPad obviously. Modem upgrades cannot be restored so please be careful before upgrading your firmware. Here’s a guide which discusses if you Should Upgrade Your iPhone to iOS 4.1?
How to find iPhone Baseband?
First Launch Settings from your iPhone homescreen.
Now Select General and then About.
You will find the iPhone or iPod Touch firmware version under the label “Version”
Similarly, you can find the baseband version of your iPhone under the label “Modem Firmware”
There! Now you know both the firmware and modem baseband version. This will tell you if an unlock is available. For example, if your Baseband version is one of the following you can use this iPhone unlock guide to unlock your iPhone 4/3GS/3G.
iPhone 3G / 3GS Basebands:
iPhone 4 Baseband:
Well, iPhone is really easy to operate and if you own an iPhone, don’t forget to play with it’s settings panel. You will find many new things, which you might not be accustomed with. If you still couldn’t find iPhone baseband or need any other help with iPhone, feel free to ask us on Facebook page.
Also check out How to find if your iPhone is jailbreakable and unlockable?
Here is the complete list of links for downloading firmware for your Apple iPod Touch directly from Apple’s Website. Refrain from downloading firmware from sources other than Apple, as they might have intrusive code attached. Continue reading Where to Download iPod Touch Firmware from
Here is the complete list of links to Download iPhone Firmware for your Apple iPhone directly from Apple. Refrain from downloading firmware from sources other than Apple, as they might have intrusive code attached.
Other Authentic Direct download links for iPod Touch / iPad Firmware IPSW from Apple:
- Where to Download iPad Firmware From
- Where to Download iPod Touch Firmware from
Download Device Codes:
- 1,1 = iPhone 2G
- 1,2 = iPhone 3G
- 2,1 = iPhone 3GS
- 3,1 = iPhone 4 GSM
- 3,3 = iPhone 4 CDMA
iOS 1.0 to 3.1 Firmware Download Links:
- 1.0.0: iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw
- 1.0.1: iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw
- 1.0.2: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw
- 1.1.1: iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
- 1.1.2: iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
- 1.1.3: iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw
- 1.1.4: iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.1 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.2 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
- 2.0.2 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
- 2.1.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw
- 2.1.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw
- 2.2.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
- 2.2.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
- 2.2.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H1_Restore.ipsw
- 2.2.1 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.0 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.1 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
- 3.0.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.0 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.2 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.2 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.2 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.3 (2G): iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.3 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
- 3.1.3 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
- 4.0 : iPhone 3G
- 4.0 : iPhone 3GS
- 4.0 : iPhone 4
- 4.0.1: iPhone 3G
- 4.0.1: iPhone 3GS
- 4.0.1: iPhone 4
- 4.0.2 (3G): iPhone1,2_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw
- 4.0.2 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw
- 4.0.2 (4): iPhone3,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw
- 4.2.1 (3G): iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
- 4.2.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
- 4.2.1 (4): iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.0 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.0 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.1 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.2 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.2 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
- 4.2.7 (4 CDMA): iPhone3,3_4.2.7_8E303_Restore.ipsw
- 4.2.8 (4 CDMA): iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.3 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
- 4.3.3 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
*This list is up to date at the time of publishing of this post, and all links have been checked to be active and functional. We will keep updating the list with latest version of iOS firmware download links.