I’m hoping all of you know what Apple AirPlay is, for those who have no idea, it is a Wi-Fi implementation device that streams music to such devices without the need of transferring any files. Wireless music streaming, AirPlay, anywhere in your house, comes built in with iTunes and many famous Stereo systems such as JBL, B&W, Denon and more. You can stream music from your iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad too using Apple’s AirPlay technology. But unfortunately it only works on Macs, you know how Apple always restricts some things.
Shairport4w is AirPlay for Windows. It brings Apple’s AirPlay feature, which is missing on the Windows version of iTunes and lets you enjoy wireless music from your iOS device to your PC/Laptop anywhere in your house. Play a song using iTunes or iPod on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and it will play on your PC or laptop. Time to put those 5.1 systems to some use now.
I found this software very entertaining and amusing, so did my friend. Anybody would, as playing songs from your iPod on your Dad’s laptop is going to be fun. No I did not do that! Anyways here’s how you set up Shairport4w so you can blast those speakers wirelessly through your iOS device;
- Download Shairport4w from over here. It’s not a setup.exe file, rather it’s just an application file that opens up when you click on it.
- Once it’s open, you’ll need to input an AP(Access Point) name and if required a Password. AP name can be anything, as its the name that you’ll give for the PC or Laptop.
- Once you set the AP name and give a Password if required, you’ll need to open up iTunes and you can see the AirPlay switch on the right hand side bottom with your PC’s name on it that you used in the last step.
- Now open iTunes or iPod on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, remember you’ll need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network for this to work. When you start playing a song, you’ll see the AirPlay option with your PC’s name listed on it along with that of the device you’re using.
- Select your PC/Laptop speakers, here I’ve selected Droid1 as you can see, and then start playing the song. It’ll start playing on your PC/Laptop speaker. That’s it.
- If you set a password, it’ll ask for it when you try to play a song using your iOS device. So it’s all safe too, as you can bar your friends from playing on your system. Shairport4 is AirPlay for Windows!!
Shairport4w works on all versions of Windows, including 64bit ones. So go ahead, download it now and try it out.
Tell us if you like it? It’s an amazing software for wirelessly streaming songs from your iOS device to your PC or Laptop.
[ via Addictive Tips ]