As we install Applications and Games into our Windows system the space gets occupied and one day you may find that your disk partition is almost full and its time to extend the disk partition. I had a similar issue with my system, the C drive was almost full on which Windows was installed and I had to extend the partition. Windows 7 and Windows Vista have a built in Hard Disk management utility with which you can perform basic operations like Shrink and Extend Hard Disk partitions but if you notice it won’t let you extend/resize a partition on which Windows is installed.
While I was searching I found this wonderful tool with you can easily perform operations like resize, extend, merge, copy disk, convert dynamic to basic disk and convert primary to logic partition easily.
To free up space on your drive you may consider uninstalling programs you don’t use, moving large media files to another partition on your hard drive, cleaning temporary and junk files on your system and deleting previous restore points.
How to use EaseUS Partition Master
- Download EaseUS Partion Manager Home Edition for free by clicking here.
- [Important]Backup your data to an external Hard Drive. (Note: This is important if anything goes wrong during the process of partition, this never happens usually but it is necessary you backup your data before you proceed.)
- Open EaseUS Partition Magic and select the disk partition from which you want to add space to your full disk partition.For Eg. : If you are adding space to your C: drive from your D: drive, then select D: drive and click on “Resize/Move partition” and move the pointer to the right to Un-allocate memory. Hit “Ok” to save your changes.
- Now select the drive you want to extend and move the pointer to the right as shown in the image below. (The Un-allocated space will now get added to your selected drive.)For Eg: You are adding space to your C: drive, select the C: drive and move the pointer to the right.
- Click ok and now a dialogue box will appear asking you to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect, click yes, your computer will restart and EaseUS Partition Master will automatically apply the changes you selected. (Make sure there are no power-cuts when the operation is ongoing, interruption can cause serious damage to your data, the process should complete in a few minutes depending on the amount of data to be moved.)Below is a snap of how the dialogue box which would appear when Windows would reboot of the ongoing operation to give you an idea.
Merge Hard Disk Partitions Using EaseUS Partition Master:
- Open EaseUS Partition master and select the drive you want to merge and on the left pane click “Merge partition”.
- Select the drives you want to merge and hit OK, your changes will be saved and the program will ask you for a reboot to complete the process.
Links to Videos :
Don’t forget to drop your comments below and share your views about the application