iOS 4.3 is now live for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV. Two best new features are Personal Hotspot and iTunes Home sharing. Jailbreakers and unlockers should hold off from updating at the moment. Free upgrade for all owners of iOS devices.
Products Compatible with iOS 4.3:
iOS 4.3 is compatible with the following devices only:
- iPhone 4 (GSM model)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1 and iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
So that leaves out iPhone 3GS, Verizon iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 2G and older.
What’s new in iOS 4.3:
- Personal Hotspot – Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (comination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
- iTunes Home Sharing – Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
- New AirPlay Features – Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps, and websites on Apple TV.
- HD Video Out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter – View 720p HD videos from the Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
- Ping Features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Posts and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental contols
- New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch settings to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
- Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
- Bug Fixes
Where to download iOS 4.3 from:
If you are an unlocker or jailbreaker you should refrain from updating to iOS 4.3 immediately and wait for the dev-team to release a safe update method. Before updating make sure you read our post, Should You Upgrade your iPhone to iOS 4.3?
iOS 4.3 can be downloaded from iTunes or using these direct download links.