Airtel today launched India’s first 4G service in Kolkata. Airtel has launched the service on a state-of-the-art network based on TD-LTE, making India one of the first countries in the world to commercially deploy this cutting-edge technology. With this launch, India joins the most advanced telecom markets in the world and marks the beginning of a new chapter in the country’s telecom success story.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director, Bharti Airtel said, “Today’s launch is a major milestone for India and Airtel. Over the past 15 years Airtel has been at the forefront of India’s telecom revolution and has set the technology trends in India by aligning with the global standards. We are delighted to now provide leadership in setting the technology standard for 4G services in India by introducing the cutting edge TD-LTE. We are confident that others will follow in this direction and participate in our pioneering effort of making TD-LTE the defacto 4G standard in India. I would like to thank all our stakeholders in helping us fulfill the Government’s vision of Broadband on Demand, outlined by the Hon’ble Telecom Minister. I would also like to thank the Government of West Bengal for their support and cooperation that has made this launch possible and once again reiterate our commitment to participate in the development of the state.”
Free usage quota
Charge after quota
Speed after quota completion
|Break free max|
|Break free Ultra|
- Above plans are available in Prepaid and Postpaid
- In case of Postpaid , tax is over and above the MRP
- In case of Postpaid, the tax is included in MRP
Introductory Offer ( 60 days )
- On the Rs.999 postpaid plan , customer will get a money-back for a value equivalent of onemonth’s rent, spread over first 6 bill cycles.
- Customers will get a bill discount of Rs.167/bill for 6 bills.
- On the Rs.1399 and Rs.1999 postpaid plans , customer will get a money-back for a value equivalent of twomonth’s rent, spread over first 6 bill cycles.
- Customers will get a bill discount of Rs.466/ bill for 6 bills in case of Rs.1399 plan , and Rs.666 / bill for 6 bills in case of Rs.1999 plan
MRP (In Rs)
|Indoor CPE with wi-fi|
|4G Multi Mode Dongle|
Airtel 4G , besides offering rich content, will allow superfast access to High Definition (HD) video streaming, multiple chatting, instant uploading of photos and much more. It will also help in bridging the digital divide and add to economic growth in rural areas by enhancing the reach of e-governance, e-health and e-education services.
In 2010, Airtel had successfully bid for BWA license spectrum in Kolkata, Karnataka, Punjab and Maharashtra (excluding Mumbai) circles. It is currently working towards rolling out state-of-the-art networks in circles other than Kolkata.