Xmarks offers bookmark synchronization; that is you can access your favorite bookmarks from anywhere, for simplifying the process there is an Add-on for Firefox, Chrome, Safari (Mac), Internet Explorer, which helps you to synchronize your bookmarks across multiple computers and even multiple browsers. I would suggest you for using this Add-on with Firefox .
This is very useful Add-on for all the people who work on multiple computers at home and office; they can easily sync their bookmarks and passwords from their home computer to office computer. Xmarks Firefox is quite easy to install and just with not much configuration you will be able to synchronize all your bookmarks.
Here are quick steps to sync your bookmarks and passwords through Xmarks:
- Register yourself on Xmarks website.
- Download Xmarks for Firefox from here.
- Once you installed Xmarks in Firefox, you just need to Run Setup Wizard as shown below.
- Click on the Next Button shown below.
- If you have not created an account earlier you can create now, or skip through if you have already created an account. You will skip this step ,if you are setting it up from another computer.
- Enter you’re your username, password in the screen shown below.
- Once you enter username and password, it will ask you whether you would like to synchronize passwords, select no and click on next.
- A Dialogue box will appear and you need to click ” Next”.
- Following windows will appear.
- After that your bookmarks are uploaded to the server. Now whenever you want to sync your bookmarks or passwords and just click on “Synchronize now” as shown below.
Xmarks also gives you options like synchronizing as soon as you open your browser or close browser, saving passwords and automatic synchronization. You can choose your preferences according to your requirement.
Hope you found this Add-on useful. Which add-on you use to synchronize your bookmarks from one computer to another?