Yesterday, at a press event in San Francisco, Google unveiled a very unique feature known as Voice action. By using this feature you can operate most of the features of your mobile by using voice command. Features include sending SMS, making call, searching on Google, finding direction for the near place, setting alarm, opening apps and many more.
Users can download voice action for Android on their Android phones running on Android version 2.2 which is also known as Froyo.
How to get Voice actions for Android
Getting voice actions on your Froyo 2.2 Android phone is easy.
- Just visit Google Mobiles.
- Click on the button “Send to Phone”.
- Select your country and enter your mobile number.
- Shortly you will receive a text message from Google having link of Android voice search. Click on the link and follow the instructions.
Features of Voice actions for Android
There are many features offered by this application. Here I am compiling all those features and commands you need to give to your phone to execute those tasks.
- Send text messages: Send text to [recipient] [message]
- Get directions: Navigate to [address/city/business name]“
- View Map: map of [address/city]
- Listen To music: listen to [artist/song/album]
- Set alarm: Alarm 8’o clock.
- Write a note: note to self [message]
- Search Google: query
- Go to websites: go to [website name]
- Call businesses: call [business name] [location]
- Cal Contacts: call [contact name] [phone type]
- Send email: send email to [recipient] [subject] [body].
Here’s the video presentation by Google Mobile’s Mike LeBeau:
These are some commands given on Google Voice website’s. I am pretty sure there are some other commands exists. So why don’t you find out and mention them in comments.