Vimeo is another alternative to Youtube, a video sharing website to let your imagination flow and be creative. They have been known to provide very good video editing tools and options when it comes to online video editing.
If you prefer using Vimeo to edit and upload your videos online, you now have the choice to do it on your iOS device. Vimeo recently launched their very first official app on the App Store for all those video enthusiasts. Using this app, you can turn your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a video editing tool for free, whereas Apple’s iMovie will cost you $4.99 to enjoy similar and less features.
What the Vimeo App for your iOS device can do:
- Download and manage all your videos on Vimeo and view/edit them on your device
- Upload videos taken/edited in either SD or HD formats
- Pause/resume uploads and get reminded when a video is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
- Share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
- Add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
- Stats on daily plays, likes and comments
The editing that you can get done with the help of this app include adding transitions, effects, titles, music and your own recordings. You can also use this app to record video with focus control and grid alignment and continue editing the same right away. According to the press release, this seems to be just the begining and that the company plans to bring more features such as search, AirPlay support and more. An Android version is also in the making and the iPad will soon get an iPad only version too.
You can download this app from the App Store without fiddling through your pocket and that’s a huge plus point. A free video editing app is good news for video editors on the move. You’ll require iOS 4.0.1 and above, will function best with iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad 2 Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi + 3G.
[ Via iDB ]