HostGator is one of the most popular Web Hosting company and it is being used by many successful blogs worldwide. Installing WordPress using HostGator control panel is very easy and HostGator offers the easiest way to install software and scripts with Fantastico auto script installer. Fantastico is an amazing free script in HostGator controlpanel with which users can install WordPress within seconds.
Here is a video tutorial with which you can easily understand how to use Fantastico in HostGator control panel.
- Login to your HostGator control panel
- Now go to the option “software/services”
- In this option see the icon of Fantastico and click on it
- You will be directed to Fantastico main page where you can see a lot of online software to install such as blogs,forums,e-commerce tools etc.
- Select WordPress here
- Now select option “new installation”
- On next screen you will see the WordPress installation page
- Fill the required information here such as domain to install WordPress, folder of website ( leave blank to install in website main folder )
- After filling all information you can press button “install WordPress’”
- On the next screen Fantastico will show the database info and the path of WordPress installation
- Check all info and press “Finish installation”
- Have Fun! Your WordPress will be installed and now you will be able to login WordPress
Do let us know if you face any problem installing and configuring WordPress on Hostgator. For more WebHosting tutorials follow WordPress Hosting discount blog.