Twitter is perhaps the most addictive social network. Your whole Twitter feed can change in a matter of seconds – and who knows what will happen if you’re not there to RT @KourtneyKardash’s announcement that she’s finally popped out the latest addition to the most horrendous family on Earth?
Whereas posting a Tweet an hour used to be considered excessive, nowadays it’s merely considered healthy contribution to the Twittersphere. But how do you know if you’re Tweeting a little too much? How do you know when your “healthy contribution” is, in reality, morphing into addiction?
Believe it, you have Twitter Addiction!
If any of these 25 signs of Twitter addiction strike a chord with you, you might want to seek professional help immediately.
- You will one day find and kill the person that got to your rightful Twitter name before you. Damn you @JamesDuval…
- You are the sole reason Twitter got blocked at your workplace.
- You cried when you realised what your boss had done, until you remembered that you have a smartphone.
- You repeatedly stall amusing conversations with the sentence “I need to Tweet this!”
- Whenever you post an amazing Tweet and no one RTs you, you spend a full 24 hours contemplating if life is worth living anymore.
- You did quit Twitter for a day… only to be overcome by a migraine, shivers, sweats and heart palpitations.
- You pray for red lights whenever you drive. #tailgatingdouche
- You consider Tweeting a justifiable reason for stopping on double yellow lines.
- The first thing you ask any new acquaintance is “What’s your Twitter?”
- The first few times someone answered “I don’t have an account” you tried not to pass out. Now, you just leave the room – I mean, what’s the point in people if they’re not on Twitter?
- Your social circle has reduced dramatically after you insisted that if your friends aren’t Tweeps, they’re no friends at all.
- You Tweet questions rather than Google them – you get better advice that way, right…?
- You will tell your grandkids about the time @MissAmyChilds Tweeted you back.
- With news, your rule is: If it’s not on Twitter, it’s not true.
- You sink into a depression every time someone unfollows you.
- You clean out inactive or boring people on a daily basis – who wants to follow someone who Tweets about their food, man.
- You’ve developed a newfound love for potato waffles due to their resemblance to hashtags. #hashtagwaffles
- Your signature is now preceded by an @.
- You suggested “Twitter blue” as the colour for the walls when your company was moving office.
- You synced your Twitter to Facebook and are now left with one friend – your mum. And that’s only because she doesn’t know how to unfriend.
- You don’t really care about your demise on Facebook as it’s not Twitter.
- You’ve had the @ and # keys on your phone, laptop and work computer replaced at least once.
- You’ve broken the law to get a TwitPic.
- You do a better job than most paparazzi at stalking celebrities, and can recite the hourly whereabouts of your ten favourite.
- You’ve already shared this on Twitter.
Well, I’m sure if you love Twitter, you will have more tips to find people who have twitter addiction. Ahh, and don’t forget to check Pt. 25 again and follow us on Twitter @Callingallgeeks.