Sony Ericsson and Gameloft are very serious about their upcoming PSP phone and have released a video showing off their top 10 games for their new Xperia Play. PlayStation certified Xperia Play is one of the most awaited smart phones from Sony Ericsson this year. The possibility of a smart phone with PSP capabilities is just awesome. At CallingAllGeeks we occasionally enjoy our bit of smartphone-gaming and can’t wait to get our hands on the Xperia Play.
Gameloft has even announced an all Xperia Play exclusive game “BackStab” which is an action adventure game set in 18th century. It will be Xperia Play exclusive for a whole month.
Here’s a little sypnosis of the game: “The game, titled BackStab is set on an 18th century Caribbean island and weaves an epic tale of revenge. Hero Henry Blake has been falsely accused of treason and will go to all means to seek vengeance on his British jailers. With a game play mixing action and adventure, BackStab incorporates an open 3D environment for free roaming, dynamic combat and counter-attacks.”
Here’s the list of the 10 games revealed by gameloft:
- Ultimate Spiderman: Total Mayhem
- Assassin’s Creed: Altair’s Chronicles
- Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
- Brothers In Arms 2: Global Front
- Lets Golf 2
- Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Star Battalion
- (RF)Real Football 2011
- (Timed Exclusive) Backstab
Watch the video of the top 10 games as compiled by Gameloft.
We predict that the highly anticipated PSP phone will become popular amongst gamers and surprisingly as you can see from the video above, all the games featured look very impressive on the PSP Phone.
Sony’s latest PS3 firmware update 3.60 brings a brand new feature for PlayStation users. Actually, for now its only for the PlayStation Plus users. You can now upload all your PS3 Game Saves to Sony’s Cloud storage space for safekeeping and anywhere access. They have also added a twitter based customer support system @AskPlayStation.
Here I am talking about a great PS2 hack and this enables loading or playing a games via a USB hard drive.
Requirements to run PS2 games through a USB Hard Disk
You need following things to do this;
- Power Defragmenter[link]
- USBUtil [link]
- elf to bin [link]
- USB advanced PS2 software [link]
Different Steps to complete the operation
- Format your USB hard drive using fat32 mode
- Now use USButil and with the help of it install desired PS2 game ( either from a DVD or from an image) to the USB Hard disk
- Then defragment your hard disk with the help of Power Defragmenter
- Use elf to bin and create the image of USB advanced elf file
- Now you have to burn this image to a CD using Nero or any other image burning software at 4X burning speed
- Boot this CD via PS2 CDROM and connect your USB hard disk or pen drive to PlayStation
Done! Now you can play any game which is loaded in your USB hard disk or USB flash drive or pen drive
Now do let me know if you have any problem in performing this task.
Back in December Sony’s subsidiary, the SCEE(Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) had announced that the Playstation mobile app was coming soon. It’s official now. Playstation App is available for download on iPhone and Android handsets. The free app is available in select countries right now but will come soon to all countries. Continue reading
Definitely we can play PlayStation 2 games on PC if our PC hardware is good enough to do this. We can really enjoy most of PS2 games with an amazing and unique PC emulator PCSX2. A community of developers is rapidly improving this free Windows software. Now this emulator is much efficient to run many PS2 games.
You might be interested in:
To use this emulator properly we need a minimum PC hardware requirements as given below:
- Minimum Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz Intel Processor ( better if it is over clocked)
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- A fine working graphics acceleration device with 1GB video memory supporting pixel shader ( such as ASUS GeForce GTS 450 )
If your PC is able to fulfill these minimum requirements then you can surely think to play PlayStation games on your computer with PCSX2 emulator
You can download PCSX2 for free
How to play PS2 games with PCSX2
- Download the emulator package
- Install it and get configuration guide from PCSX2 website
- After configuring emulator properly, load PS2 game from DVD drive or load a PS2 ISO image to play.
This emulator is rapidly in beta so be updated with latest version of emulator and don’t forget to report a bug to PCSX2 website.