Garmin, the popular GPS device manufacturer and mobile navigation application provider has released a new iPhone App. Garmin calls it the ‘StreetPilot’ and it has some really nice features that would really help you along whenever you plan on getting lost. Although you need to remember that with many features comes some tiny yet tragic mistakes.
The StreetPilot app is a really nice app and an iPhone user will certainly enjoy it, but it only works in US and Canada right now and the maps are directly accessed via the internet and don’t come with the app. Thus, the app only weighs around 7MB and thus saves space on your iPhone, but when there is no connectivity or network you won’t be able to access the maps. I’d suggest not to get lost in no-network-coverage locations. Below is the complete list of features as shown in the App Store.
- Always up-to-date maps for the U.S. and Canada
- Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including street names
- Real-time traffic updates to avoid traffic delays
- Speed limits for most major roads
- Integrated Local Search
- Millions of points of interest
- Lane assist with junction view for complicated interchanges
- Address book integration to navigate to contacts
- Integrated iPod® music controls
- Multi-tasking on iOS4 for navigating while calling
- Current weather conditions and forecast
- Place calls directly from search listing
- Navigate in both portrait and landscape mode
- Easy to install with quick load times
The Garmin StreetPilot app is available for download at the Apple Store for a price of $39.99 and it is compatible with iPad too.
What GPS App do you use on your iPhone?