The Sony Ericsson’s Playstation phone has been around the internet from quite a while now, a phone that was going to have a slide out gaming keypad instead of a regular QWERTY keyboard.
And yes it’s true, the Playstation dubbed phone from Sony Ericsson will be officially known as the Xperia Play and now there are pictures and videos to prove that it’s official. This will be one of those unique Sony Ericsson phones, which obviously won’t sell as much as a normal smartphone but will be a rare one that people will want to know more about.
So what’s special about this new Xperia, well first of all it’s huge, although it has the same screen size as the Xperia X10, but has some unique features that makes it a gaming device as well. A challenge for the the Nintendo then? Let’s see what the specifications tell ;
- A 4 inch Capacitive Display with a native resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- A 1 GHz Qualcomm processor with the Adreno 205 Image processor for awesome gaming.
- Will be running the Android 2.3 Gingerbread, with Android Market and Playstation Pocket App
- Internal memory of 315MB with a MicroSD expansion slot, expandable up to 32GB.
- 5 megapixel camera, no HD recording but HD playback is available
- A slide out Game Keypad that resembles the Playstation Controller.
The Playstation Pocket App will connect you to the Playstation website from where you’ll be able to download games on to the Xperia Play and enjoy playstation like graphics on the go, you can also make a call or text someone in between. The Pocket App is not yet live as the phone hasn’t officially been launched yet. We’ll keep you informed on the launch date and the pricing etc. Till then enjoy the video review below by ePrice.
The phone will be mostly revealed at the Mobile World Congress next month that’s taking place at Barcelona.