So, we have another Galaxy in line. Samsung has announced a new mobile phone which will be called Samsung Galaxy XCover. Unlike other Samsung smartphones, Galaxy XCover is one phone which is very durable and reliable. It is designed especially for people who hardly care about their phone and accidentally drop their phone on land, water and in dust consistently. The team will be very proud after creating such a phone which so many people needed. Samsung will make difference with this phone and I totally believe it.
The phone does not only survive everyday falls, can stay underwater(up to 30 minutes) and is totally resistant to dust. Don’t think that this phone everything on the outside and nothing from the inside. Before you think so, lemme tell you the specs.
- The phone comes with a capacitive 3.65 inches touch screen.
- Internal memory of 150 MB will be given and it can be expanded up to 32 GB with microSD card. Plus, you will get 2 GB free in the box.
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB v2.0 are available in the connectivity section.
- It comes with a 3.2 megapixels camera with geo-tagging and LED flash. Video recording is also available but details aren’t out yet.
- Galaxy XCover would run on Android 2.3(Gingerbread) and no details about upgrading limits.
- It weighs 135 grams.
- It will be powered by a 800 Mhz processor.
- It will come with a 1500 mAh battery but the battery backup details aren’t released yet.
This phone will be totally different than the other smartphones who are lighter, slimmer and all that. This phone focuses on extreme conditions and make sure the user becomes fear less over his/her mobile phone. The smartphone will have a tempered glass display that is up to five times stronger than normal glass.
The price isn’t announced yet but according to my guess, the price would be somewhere around Rs. 27,000. The phone will hit the stores(not in India) in most probably October 2011(not sure yet). I will definitely be waiting for this extra-ordinary phone.
Do share your views about this phone in the comments.