One can’t deny that managing uTorrent downloads and browsing the internet together can be nerve-cracking sometimes. Also if you’re not anywhere near your computer and you wanted queue something important for download it would be helpful if you could control uTorrent from anywhere.
When I write anywhere, I literally mean anywhere you have access to internet. If you visit the uTorrent page you can see something listed as labs, this is where you’ll find what you’re looking for.
What I’m about to explain here will help you to manage your downloads, list new downloads, pause, stop or delete them. This is still in its Alpha Stage but it works fine gives errors very rarely. This tool is the exact same uTorrent Client with something new known as web remote access, which lets you control the uTorrent Client from anywhere. So below is the procedure, do follow:
- First you’ll need to go visit the uTorrent Project Falcon page and download the latest Alpha version which is similar to the normal version so installing it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Once the download is completed you’ll see a new layout for the uTorrent Client and next to the Settings button you can see a new button labelled as uTorrent Web Preferences, click on that.
- A new Dialog box will open up and now you’ll have to check the Enable uTorrent Web Remote Access and enter a desired Username and Password and hit Apply.
- Yeah, and that’s pretty much it. Simple isn’t it? Now to access your uTorrent Client from anywhere you need a device that can connect to the internet preferably a GPRS, Wi-Fi enabled phone, Laptop or another Desktop that can connect to the internet.
- To control uTorrent Remotely you’ll need to go to the following website via your internet capable device: https://web.utorrent.com
- Once you visit that site, you’ll be asked for a Username and Password(same as you created earlier).
- After this you’ll be taken to the web based uTorrent Client, which is pretty neat and lets you do almost all the tasks such as add, remove, stop and manage all the downloads running at your home from anywhere.
That’s it folks!! Now you can control your torrents from any mobile device, laptops etc that connects to the internet from anywhere.
Enjoy using this and let us know if you know of any other such useful tools?