Bloggers need to know their niche related news when on the move and RSS reader apps have always helped us in many different levels. There are plenty of them out there, but not all of them catch the attention of a reader. Pulse News Mini RSS reader is different, it has been one of my favorite apps on both iOS and Android. The user interface has a different feel to it, somehow it makes the user feel professional while still giving that distinct only-geek app feeling.
The Pulse News Mini RSS reader is more like a magazine with lots of graphic content that makes readers stay and read a little longer and know things better. Recently, it’s developer, Alphonso Labs Inc. released a totally revamped version, as far as the content goes to the App Store. The new version of Pulse News Mini gets a whole new interface that is faster, more multi-tasking friendly and RSS feed management that is just so much fun. Before this it was much harder to browse through your feeds, but in the new version it’s all so well managed.
So what exactly is new in this latest update? Well, below are some of the major new features:
- Personalize your mobile news reading experience by selecting up to 60 news sources across five customizable pages.
- You can select a “pack” to auto-populate an entire page with the top sources for your favorite news category such as politics, finance, sports and more.
- Like, share and comment on items in your Facebook newsfeed from within Pulse. Easily browse social content from YouTube, Vimeo, Digg, Reddit and Hacker News.
- Improved performance means sources update and images load faster, and scrolling is smoother and more fluid.
- Search results now include many new newsfeeds with images and more relevant titles.
- The App now saves stories read offline on Pulse and syncs them to Google Reader when the app is online later.
That’s a whole lot of new changes for an App that won’t cost you a dime. Although, this version will only be supported on iOS version 4.0 and above. Previous versions will soon get the update. You can download the Pulse News Mini app from the App Store.