In my last article I discussed with you some of the Popular Symbian And Blackberry Mobile Apps. In this article I am going to tell you about some of the popular Android and J2ME Mobile apps.
Apps For Android
- Swype: It offers touchscreen keyboard to android users. What’s bit different about Swype is instead of pressing letters, you have to swipe your finger in a continuous motion over the letter you want to type. As per the app developers, this new method of typing allows you to type text 30 percent faster than the normal way. Interestingly, this apps was developed by Cliff Kushler the co-inventor of T9 and Randy Marsden the developer of the onscreen keyboard included in Windows.
- Pulse: A very easy to use newsreader app. It offers you to select up to 60 sources to pull in news feed from different websites. Simply tap on the article to have clean and elegant view of news story. It offers many features like saving stories for later reading or sync them with Instapaper. You can also share stories on Facebook, Twitter or via Email in few easy taps.
- Vplayer: Like on PC everyone knows VLC player for playing most of all video formats same way on android its Vplayer. It plays almost all video formats that android don’t support by default. It supports DivX/Xvid, Flv, Rmvb, Avi, Mkv, Wmv, Mp4 and many more formats. It is a free app and requires minimum space of 5Mb and Android 2.0 or higher.
- Google Voice: With this app you are provided with a Google number, which you can use to make cheap international calls, receive incoming calls & voice mails and send text messages showing your Google number, helps in keeping your real number a secret. It also allows users to read transcripts. It is a free app which requires minimum free space of 1.5Mb and android 1.6 or higher.
- imo.im: You can chat with all your friends from this one single app. Like all other apps you don’t need to create any imo account. You can simply login to your IM accounts. It supports chat for Facebook, Skype, Google Talk, MSN, ICQ/AIM, Yahoo, Jabber and Myspace. It also allows you to send voice IMs, send multimedia attachments and save chat history to imo.im.
Apps For J2ME
- Snaptu: This tiny app let you access Facebook, Picasa, Live score, Pub reviews, Movie reviews, RSS reader, Journey planner and lot more services. You can add more functionality by adding applets.
- eBuddy: This app let you have chat with all your buddies from Facebook, MSN, Yahoo!, Orkut, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ and myspace. The best of feature of this app is it supports multiple protocols.
- Wattpad: Wattapad is the most popular ebook community. This app let you read ebooks, connect with other readers and contributors. You can access more than 17.000 ebooks from Project Guternberg. You can also request stories that are not available from community to upload it.
- Litefeeds: It is a fully featured RSS feed reader. It allows you to scan feeds, view full images and clip items. You can also email interesting stuff to your friends with this app. To reduce the data usage the feeds are compressed and offers most of the options only when you need it.
With this apps you can make most out of your Android and J2me phone.