Typing in complete address of websites is an old thing now, most of the internet browsers either auto-complete the website addresses or they simply allow users to bookmark them. Even though these website opening procedures saves us a lot of time but even then I prefer something that is instant. So recently I stumbled upon 2 pretty useful add-ons that employ hotkeys to open up my favorite websites. These Add-ons are valid for browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox and I will be reviewing them in detail:
Sailor Shortcuts(For Firefox)
For folks who are not so tech savvy, Sailor Shortcut is the right kind of hotkey add-on for Firefox. To configure and install it, all you have to do is directly access default add-on manager for Firefox and just click on the options button for Sailor Shortcut.
Once you click on the option button, then the sole window of Sailor Shortcut will pop-up. This window is pretty simple, you have the option of assigning 10 shortcuts and choosing the key combination is also upto you. The other option you can control is that whether you want the website to open in a new tab or current tab. The Sailor Shortcut add-on is simple and works smoothly though it don’t have the option of import/export settings among different machines but even then it provides ease in browsing.
SiteLauncher (For Google Chrome)
Once you are done installing SiteLauncher for Google Chrome, a blue triangle icon will automatically pop-up on your Chrome browser window. Clicking the icon will open up the add-on’s main page, you can also open it by using Ctrl+Space shortcut combination.
The interface of the main launcher window is pretty impressive and it houses loads of websites. Added options include buttons that will lead you directly to manager and you can even assign a hotkey combination to a website you are currently on.
It do has some shortcomings, and the most evident is that it doesn’t offer direct launch ability, meaning that launching a particular website to whom you have assign a hotkey is a three key stroke process. First Ctrl+Space to open SiteLauncher and then the corresponding hotkey. The add-on’s manager contains groups that you can edit as per your specification and desire.
Try them out and Let us know that whether these addons have an effect on browsing speed or not.
Making a gif can be time consuming many times if you don’t have proper software. To solve this problem, we came across a useful web application, MakeaGIF which lets users create animated GIF from different images.
The site has really simple and clean interface and helps users create GIF images within seconds. To create a GIF image, all you have to do is browse all the images which you want to use. Click on Add Pictures button and select the photos you want to use in your GIF.
Once the photos are uploaded, it will ask you to specify the order in which you want them to appear in the GIF file. After you are satisfied with the order, click on Continue.
With MakeAGif, you can manage other animation settings as well, like animation speed and size of the images. You can set the delay time, image size and the category for the GIF and click on Create Your GIF button.
It will create the GIF depending on the number of photos uploaded and will give you different links which can be used to download and share the animated GIF with friends or on forums.
MakeAGIF is useful online utility which can be really helpful in making simple GIF images in few seconds. Try it and let us know what you think about the service.
Another new launch in the tech world. This time, it is a mobile. Acer has launched a new phone in its Acer Liquid series. The name of the phone, as you already know from the title is, Acer Liquid E Plus. It has launched in India just several hours ago by Acer and has some great features and definitely an affordable price.
This phone is a successor to the much successful Acer Liquid E Ferrari. Acer Liquid E Plus can be totally appreciated when it comes to design. The phone looks glossy and amazing. I hope I could once hold the phone because I guess it would totally give me a great feeling.
Acer may get a huge response to this phone because it is a part of an already successful series. The specifications are amazing as well. The specifications are given below.
- Acer Liquid E Plus has a display of 3.5-inches with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
- It has a TFT Capacitive full touch screen.
- Acer Liquid E Plus runs on Android 2.2(FroYo).
- The internal memory isn’t revealed yet but the maximum memory is 32 GB which can be upgradeable using a microSD card. You will get 8 GB microSD card free in the box.
- A 5 megapixels rear camera with autofocus is available but there is no word on a front-facing camera so this phone can be expected to be without front-facing camera.
- A 786 Mhz processor with Adreno 200 GPU is available in the phone which would totally speed up the phone to give you the fastness you need and want.
- The price of Acer Liquid E Plus is Rs. 12,250 /-
The phone is readily available across several cities and in a few weeks, it would be expand to many more cities which would totally increase the user-base of this phone. The specifications
and the design is amazing in my opinion and I hope that this phone receives a good response by the users.
What do you think about this phone? Do you like it? Would you buy it?
Naming of business is the first and foremost thing is done, whether you start small or big firm. Naming of firm means a lot and finalizing name is a big thing. A good name plays a huge role even in customer’s mind so that your company becomes popular. A good brand name plays an important role in running the business for long time. In easy terms when you think of spark your business –the foremost thing comes into mind is business idea, planning business, choosing money-making area and financial plan.
If naming of brand is not done properly company faces too crises in coming up in competitive market. Initially companies don’t realize how important good brand name for a longer run. Later it effects in many ways. So that you go and tie up with those brands which are successful in market so that it’s easy to communicate your product to customer .Something you fell into confusion which is good brand name among trade name and naming experts.
There is so many criterions kept in mind while selecting good brand name but there are some golden method that supports you in deciding good brand name. They are as follows:
1. Keep distance from big brand names
As now the business has started it is always risky and brutal to copy or keep a sound-alike name of your brand or company name which already exist in market. Selecting existing name of a brand will only lead you towards loss and products might not run for longer periods in market.
2. Say no to over creativity
When customer comes across a new item for consumption –they cannot judge the excellence of product in first instance and to make product much familiar with customer in here the creativity takes place. So that attention of people can be grasped. But over creativity might lead to imbalance in originality and straightforwardness.
3. Patience is the key
While deciding a brand name you just need to have a clear view of market research, money-making area, kind of business, refer your associates and relatives to know what they think about brand name to keep for business so that it will hold for longer run in the future and attain the top heights. Keep meeting in deciding good brand name with experienced experts, and have a wide view of deciding good brand name.
4. Keep big picture in mind
Do think big. Currently you might be working confined, at same time think of future, your brand name must reflect worldwide. A smart name must be chosen so that it is free of any language problems which are spoken diversely throughout the world in many numbers. And as they always say if you think big you can do big.
Do let us know if you have any other tip which will help startups and others to brand their business name?
There are times when you wanted to access an app on your iPhone and were delayed thanks to the lockscreen. Yeah, I love using Slide to Unlock, but sometimes it just makes me look bad. Suppose you’re having a race with an Android buddy to get to an App and see who opens it first, well, imagine how you’d feel if you lost. LockLauncher is an iPhone application, available in Cydia, that creates shortcuts to apps and places them right on your Lockscreen. Thus, you won’t have to slide to get to the app.
However, there is a problem here! You see, if there are apps on the lockscreen that anyone can access, then what’s the point of locking the screen?
This is where LockLauncher starts to get better, as it has a really cool way of accessing the apps placed on your lockscreen. Yet, when you click an app placed there, it won’t open right away. You will have to use the Slide to Unlock and the app will directly open, or rather it’ll already be open the moment you unlock. This will actually be of great help if you don’t want anyone to open the apps directly. That’s not the best part!
You can also launch the apps in a sequential order, meaning, select all the apps to open them back to back in order of selection. How cool is that? Select all the apps, unlock and you’ll be presented with the last selected app, press the home button and the next one and so on. Pretty useful if you’re a spontaneous person. Check out the video after the break by iDB to see LockLauncher in action.
This app can be downloaded from the Big Boss repo in Cydia for a very worth price of $0.99. You can place up to 5 apps and this will work best with iOS 4.2 and above. Do give it a try, and let us know what you think of it.
It’s been a really really, swearing filled, long time since the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 got an official updates. However, it’s now time to celebrate, as Sony has now officially began updating the X10′s firmware. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 can now be upgraded with the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware, officially by using the PC Suite.
Yes, it’s true. I’m pretty sure most of you X10 owners may already have given up on expecting a new update, but we did mention that there will be one. This update is official, hence everything will work on your device, unlike those Custom ROM’s that tend to give you one or more problems. In case you have done that, then it’s obvious that your device is rooted. If you have a rooted X10, it’s probably best that you don’t upgrade to the latest firmware as you’ll lose all Superuser access. We are not sure if this official update is root friendly.
To update to Gingerbread, you’ll need to have Sony Ericsson PC Suite installed on your PC. Once it’s installed, or if you already have it, then you’ll be notified of this update when you connect your device. It’s just clicking of the next buttons after this and you’ll have your dear Xperia X10 running Android 2.3.3 in all it’s glory. Maybe not all, since they have their own UI and other things. There’s not much new with this update, except some Facebook Integration, Wi-Fi Hotspot, New Music Player, App tray sorting and few others.
You can read more about the update from Sony Ericssons official page here.
Do you own an Xperia X10? Have been stuck with Android 2.1 Eclair? It’s time you gave your X10 a much needed update.
Sony CyberShot is back with two new models. One is WX30 and the other one, about which I am talking about, TX55 which is supposed to be the world’s thinnest HD camera and that’s why I decided to write about it before WX30. The best and the most talked feature about Sony Cybershot TX55 is of course the thinness of the camera and then all the other specifications get along.
It was first announced on 25th July 2011 and is expected to hit the market by September 2011. The specifications of the camera are good enough and of course the thing which has gained it a lot of momentum, as you know by know, is the thinness.
You can check the specifications below;
- Sony CyberShot TX55 has a Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with a 3.3 inch OLED touchscreen.
- It is a 16.2 megapixels camera with 5x optical zoom.
- It can record videos in Full High Definition 1080p as well as 3rd Dimension.
- The special features include – Intelligent Sweep Panaroma, 3D Sweep Panaroma and Sweep Multi Angle.
- Can give up to 125 minutes(250 shots) with a single charge.
- It gives you an internal memory of 19MB which is fine for a camera.
- This thinnest HD camera weighs 94 grams.
- A 10x Clear Image Zoom is also available which magnifies pictures without losing the high quality of the picture.
- The memory card slot in the TX55 works with Memory Stick Micro (M2) and MicroSD/SDHC cards.
- The expect release month is September and the expected initial price would be $350. It will be first released in Europe and United States and after that will slowly expand to the rest of the world.
Great camera and nicely priced. Hopefully, it will release in India very soon after it is released in Europe and United States. Let’s see what happens.
What do you think about this camera? Do you like it? What is your opinion about this camera? Do comment.
With so many smart phones launching in India and people migrating to powerful smart phones with super fast internet, connectivity and advanced devices the online Apps market have really boomed and have brought great change in the App world. I have written this article to discuss with you some of the all time popular mobile Apps.
Apps For Symbian
- Symtorrent: It is the first fully featured BitTorrent client for the mobile platform. It is a free and open source App developed by researchers of Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BUTE). It also allows you to download multiple number of torrents together, upload and download torrents and save the status of unfinished downloads.
- Socially: It is among the one of the must have App for your Symbian phone. With this App you can access Facebook, Twitter, LikedIn and Foursquare, all from one place. One of the best feature this App has is it lets you syncs friend’s profile information, photos with phone contacts, add Facebook birthdays to phone calendar, receive social updates as push notifications and it also offers some extra features like blocking phone calls from particular friends without ringing your phone which is useful to block telemarketing calls.
- Xplore: It is a really good file manager App with some really amazing features. Like other file managers it does exploring, copying, transferring files, folders, drives and extracts zip, jar, rar archives. But the best feature of Xplore is that it will let you transfer an entire drive over Bluetooth or infrared.
- Fring: It offers VoIP and video chat service. It lets you make voice calls, video calls and chat with friends. For Voice and chat it also offer Skype and Google Talk integration. It helps you stay connected with your Fring, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ and Twitter buddies enabling chat option. It also supports DTMF dialing for Symbian devices.
Apps For Blackberry
- UberTwitter: Now know as UberSocial, after Twitter blocked it for using term “Twitter” in its name, which is against Twitter’s policy is the most popular Twitter App in the world for Blackberry phones. It offers very good reach functionality and makes it really easy for you to keep up with latest happening with UberChannels. Its UberView feature lets you have live preview of linked content like web pages, videos, photos and blog posts.
- BB Notepad: BB Notepad is a text editor and is much powerful than the default MemoPad App that comes pre-installed on Blackberry devices. It offers you two system for taking down notes, SureType and Multitap input systems. It let you open ANSI, UNICODE, UNICODE-BE and UTF-8 text file formats. It also lets you save your notes with ‘.txt’ extension so that it can be read on PC.
- Dictionary and Thesaurus: It is the only free dictionary App for Blackberry phones by Dictionary.com. It contains more than 500,000 words, definitions and synonyms. Comes with email integration and most amazing feature about this App is it lets you have phonetic and audio pronunciations, spelling suggestions and popular word of the day from Dictionary.com
Some of this are free and open source apps while some are premium ones. But these apps are really among the best apps in their category.
For book lovers browsing and loitering in bookstores and sifting through new books is the best thing in the world. But now with the digital age on rise, getting hold of new book releases has become a bit easy. We now have various social communities that are built with the sole purpose of finding the books, services like GoodReaders and Shelfari notifies readers whenever a new book title becomes available in the market. All of these services have their own way of notifying users and they tend to have their own unique style. So today I will be recommending 3 websites to you that will give you immediate alerts whenever a new book title is released.
Any New Books
This particular book alert service has loads of options that provide users with a lot to do. You just have to select the genres for which you want to receive the alerts and they will start dropping directly into your inbox. The service also have options like once-a-week update, users can select multiple genres and can opt for weekly updates too. Audio books and Kindle books are also specified in separate categories on Any New Categories.
Track New Book
A very neat looking book discovery web portal that is ideal for book lovers who want to remain upto-date with all the latest releases. Books can be tracked either by the author name, keywords or subject. You can track books either from the audio category or hard-cover category. Track new Book service is excellent for those who want to grab new stuff from new authors and writers.
If you are selective in reading books of particular authors then this is the right kind of service for you. Authoralert.com will enable you to create a virtual watch list of any author whom new release you want to read. The site is directly integrated with Amazon and it uses the Amazon’s information directly. You can get the alerts for new releases either via RSS Feeds or email.
I hope that book lovers will really find these websites useful, if you are in knowledge of some useful book alert websites then do let us know in comments.
Imagine a mouse, a computer one, with the ability to add and subtract while you’re clicking away on a website. The Canon X Mark I, as weird as it sounds, is a real world mouse that has a fully fledged calculator attached to it. Crazy, isn’t it? The mouse was actually displayed at the Photokina 2010, but is now available for purchase.
Canon, just today, made it available to all those living in the US of A for a price of $59.99. The interesting thing about this mouse, as you may have guessed by now, is the calculator. Instead of the normal open space that you’d usually find in a mouse, a calculator has been mushed in. It may come in quite handy if you’re a person who likes to use the calculator a lot while at work. With the Canon X Mark I, you don’t need to have another calculator lying around, just using the one that you’re holding. The mouse has two buttons, a scroll wheel, Bluetooth and has laser sensors. So obviously, it’s going to be smooth and fast.
However, since it runs on two AA batteries, it may be a little bulky, if you do not notice the already huge size. Yes, the mouse is quite large compared to a normal mouse, the calculator you see, and is not the comfortable companion. Due to it’s design, the mouse lacks any ergonomics and regular users may find it difficult to get accustomed to it. Why the Bluetooth? Well, for that extra keypad that is also provided along with the package, so you could connect it to your Mac or PC.
All in all, a really interesting piece of hardware that would certainly be useful to that select some. Would you like to own this Calculator mouse?