Another gold-plated phone from Nokia. The first one was Nokia Oro, which was announced in May and will release in September. Nokia C3-01 Gold Edition was announced earlier in August and has been launched yesterday. This is a Gold Edition of the much successful Nokia C3-01 touch and type so it will definitely have a lot of similarity in specifications with the original C3-01 but the gold-plated body makes it a lot more better than the latter.
Also, many features have been improved and some new features have been added with this release. The specifications are nice so the phone won’t give you the feeling that it is only good because of the gold-plated body. You may read the specifications below.
- It is a touch and type phone and it comes with a TFT resistive touchscreen.
- The size of the display screen is 2.4 inches and the resolution is 240 x 320 pixels.
- The internal memory is 140 MB and can be expanded up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v2.1 and USB v2.0 are available in the “Connectivity” section.
- It will have a 5 megapixels rear camera with LED flash. Video recording is available in VGA@30 frames per second. No secondary camera in this phone.
- It comes with a 1 Ghz processor which is very rare in Nokia phones.
- It has a 18-carat gold plating which makes it very special.
- It has a 1050 mAh standard battery.
Talk time - Up to 5 hours 30 min (2G) / Up to 4 hours (3G)
Standby - Up to 405 hours (2G) / Up to 440 hours (3G)
Music play – Up to 20 hours
- It weighs just 100 grams and it is good to see that even with the gold-plating Nokia has managed to keep it low-weight.
You can see from the specs and features above that Nokia C3-01 is a feature rich phone. It would cost around €220 but cost in INR has not been revealed yet. It would be revealed very soon, hopefully.
Share your views and opinions about this phone in the comments.