Motorola is already all over the news after getting acquired by Google and the first phone to be announced in Google’s ownership is Motorola Defy+, maybe derived from Google+ ;). It was announced yesterday in a press release and almost all the specifications and features are revealed. This phone is a successor to the much successful Motorola Defy.
Motorola has said about the phone that “It’s faster, smarter and richer – Motorola DEFY+ is now equipped with faster Web-browsing and the social networking tools you crave to stay connected wherever you go”.
I do agree with the statement because the specifications and features are excellent in my opinion. Many features are new and many are just an improvisation from the predecessor. The specifications are given below:-
- It comes with a TI OMAP 3620 processor clocked at 1 Ghz.
- It will be a light-weighing smartphone with weight just as 118 grams.
- One of the biggest plus points of this phone is that it is coming with a battery which offers large battery life. It comes with a 1700 mAh battery.
- It has a screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
- It has a 3.7 inches capacitive touch screen.
- Talk time : 7.10 hours ; Standby time : 384 hours
- It runs on Android 2.3(Gingerbread).
- It will be scratch-proof, dust resistant, and impact resistant. It could also stay underwater for at least 10 minutes.
- It comes with an internal memory of 512 MB which is expandable up to 32GB using a microSD card.
- A 5 megapixels camera is available with auto focus, image stabilizer, effects and geo-tagging.
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, GPRS and 3G are available.
The price of this phone isn’t revealed yet but is expected to be around Rs. 28,000 in India. This phone, in my opinion, will be a very successful phone and would definitely give Google a great starting with Motorola. The phone will be launched very soon and the expected launch is in this quarter, may be in September or the end of August. This phone has got some great features and would be a must phone for many people.
Share your views and opinions about this phone in the comments.