Motorola always come up with out-of-the-world advertisements and tag lines for most of their products, one of them being the newly unveiled Motorola Atrix 4G Android phone. Motorola are calling it the world’s most powerful smartphone, though I’d like to add an ‘yet’ to that statement.The phone was released earlier today at CES, and our buddies at Engadget gave out a nice sneak-peak on the phone and what all the hype is all about.
< Image Credit >
Here below is the specifications of the Motorola Atrix and the “worlds most powerful smartphone” statement will now make sense;
- Comes packed with a dual-core Nvidia Tegra processor running at 1Ghz each
- 1 GB of RAM for everything to run smoother and faster than before
- Presently running Android 2.2 Froyo and graced with AT&T’s 4G prowess
- A 4 inch qHD display showing off 960 x 540 resolution
- 16GB in-built memory plus up-to 32GB expandable via an microSD slot
- And yeah, everything else a powerful smartphone would feature and to run all those a 1930mAh battery
- Power button also acts as a fingerprint reader for security
- 5 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, also a front facing camera
The coolest feature I must say, is the availability of certain ‘docks’ for the Motorola Atrix.
First, the HD Multimedia dock that turns the Atrix 4G into a desktop computer when connected to a PC and allows you to use the many features that comes with the dock. You can also use it to playback videos and music from the Atrix 4G with the use of it’s HDMI port that can connect to anything that has an HDMI input.
Second is the Laptop Dock, which is more like a laptop than a dock. It has a 11.6 inch display, two USB ports, a full QWERTY keyboard and a trackpad. At the back of the Laptop Dock is where the Atrix 4G docks and controls the Laptop, which functions just as the phone.
What do you think of the Motorola Atrix 4G? Can it be the most powerful smartphone?