If you own an iPhone 4 and have been using it on an unofficial carrier, there is a great chance that you are still struggling with FaceTime activation. For those of you who are running iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1 there is good news for you. MiTime, a popular FaceTime activation tool, has been finally updated after a really long time. It supports the new iOS versions now.
We received a huge number of requests from readers on How to Activate FaceTime? If you have been struggling with FaceTime then you should go to Cydia and check out the latest version of MiTime.
List of New Features in MiTime 1.4:
1) 4.0 thru 4.2.1 Fully supported – migrations and new activations
2) Checks to make sure you are WildcardActivated (activated with iTunes) - instructs you to use SAM if not.
3) Automatically applies FaceTime tweaks - FaceTime frame rate adjusts to your connection.
4) Works with FaceIt-3GS for FaceTime on the 3GS, both 4.1 and 4.2.1- Read more about FaceTime on iPhone 3GS
5) MiTime kicks the FaceTime toggle on from within the app, so no wasted SMS messages for activation - Usually just 1 SMS sent and 1 received to activate. After that no more SMS charges due to FaceTime.
6) Almost zero instances of “No FT SMS Sent” where it couldn’t find the activation SMS.
Who should use MiTime?
If you have an iPhone 4 and you use it on an unofficial carrier. You can use this software to activate FaceTime. However, please note that this tool can only be installed via Cydia and needs you to have a jailbroken phone. Jailbreak guide here.
We haven’t tested it yet to see if it works in India or not. My iPhone 4 is running the latest firmware which has no jailbreak tool available yet so I haven’t tested it. If it works for you let us know via comments. A lot of us are really curious and wonder if MiTime works in India.
Here’s the link to the MiTime official website.