A few days back, LG announced a new phone named LG A230. The key feature of this phone is the dual-SIM GSM support. The phone is great and affordable for the ones who are in search of an affordable dual-SIM phone. LG A230 totally completes the need. The specifications are good but the price is just a little higher. Just a few hundreds higher, in my opinion.
As mentioned above, the phone has been announced recently in July and the phone is expected to release in the this(3rd) quarter of 2011. The phone supports the unique SOS feature. The specifications are fine but I think it should have been a little more to cope up with the price. Let’s move on to the specifications.
- LG A230 has a TFT 1.77 inches display with a resolution of 128×160 pixels.
- Phonebook is of course available with the option of adding photos to your contacts, known as photo call.
- It offers an internal memory of 25 megabytes. It can be expanded to 8GB using a miniSD card which is fine as you can store a lot in 8GB of a phone.
- GPRS, EDGE, Bluetooth and microUSB are available in this phone.
- It has a 1.3 megapixels camera which is great for a phone like this and is very useful because these days, everybody wants a camera in his/her phone.
- It has a Li-Po 950 mAh standard battery but the stand by time and talk time are not official yet but are supposed to come in a few days.
The expected price of LG A230 is Rs. 3500, which, I hope goes down a little to Rs. 3200. Because frankly speaking, the features aren’t worth Rs. 3500 in my opinion.
What do you think about this phone? Is this phone worth buying? Do comment.