Lenovo seems to be getting ready to launch a new Tablet based on the Android 3.0 – Honeycomb OS. ThisIsMyNext reports with images of the device which as you can see here weren’t officially sent by Lenovo! ThinkPad looks like a full fledged Honeycomb tablet which comes with an optional pen and an accompanying keyboard portfolio case.
- 10.1-inch 1200 x 800 IPS Touchscreen display
- Stylus “true pen”(Optional Add-On)
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor
- 3G & 4G options
- Bluetooth, USB 2.0 + micro USB
- Front and Rear cameras
- 16GB/32GB/64GB storage capacities
- SD card slot (full sized)
- USB-2.0, Micro USB, mini-HDMI and full-sized SD Card Slot
- Expanded video codec support
- .55 Inch Tablet
- Support for Symantec, Cisco enterprise software
- Weight 715g
It is Lenovo’s second tablet after LePad and the ThinkPad looks like it even features a real “TouchPad”. From the list of features we can understand that Lenovo is emphasizing on the business features and security software accompanying this tablet. It will have its own customized Android Skin which Lenovo calls – Lenovo Family UI.
Lenovo ThinkPad is expected to retail at $499.
You can check out the rest of the images from “Lenovo’s internal product presentation slide” and see for yourself the effort Lenovo is putting into bringing out a powerful, feature packed tablet into the market.
The tablets market is heating up and this year will definitely see the battle of the tablets.