JailbreakMe 3.0 was released only last week and there’s already an upgrade. According to some users the untethered jailbreak for iPad 2 from JailbreakMe caused some minor issues in iOS 4.3.3. To fix those bugs, a new upgrade was made live some hours ago. Issues with Apple Camera Connection Kit, BiteSMS and Cydia have been all fixed in the new JailbreakMe 3.0 update that has be released via an Essential Upgrade in Cydia.
JailbreakMe 3.0, since its release, has successfully jailbroken over 2 Million iOS devices, and that means all those users have to perform this essential upgrade to get rid of bugs. If you’ve jailbroken your iPad 2 using JailbreakMe 3.0 then it’s time that you install this essential upgrade to get rid of any encountered bugs before Apple plans to patch things.
Here’s how-to update JailbreakMe 3.0 using Cydia Essential Upgrade:
- You’ll need to already have jailbroken your iPad 2 using JailbreakMe 3.0
- Open Cydia. It should automatically start reloading data and once done it should give you an Essential Upgrade pop-up like the one below. If it doesn’t reload Cydia again.
- Select Upgrade Essential and you’ll be taken to the next page for confirmation.
- Select confirm and it should load and install automatically.
- After it’s done installing, return to Cydia and check if you’ve still got any issues with that Camera Connection Kit or BiteSMS or other bugs that you may have encountered.
It is also recommended that you install PDF Patcher 2 to be safe from any attacks using the Safari PDF exploit.