Jailbreaking community has no doubt added many dimensions to the iDevices usability and it also tends to give iPhone and iPad users a higher degree of control over their devices. So if you are an iPhone or iPod Touch user and have Jailbreak your iDevice installed with loads of tweaks, there is a probability that you might at certain instances find it to be unstable. So in-order to get rid of this instability issue you have to revert from Jailbreak to the normal factory settings. Today’s Tip is about how you can unjailbreak your iDevice.
How to unjailbreak your iPhone?
The good thing is that reversing the Jailbreak process is pretty simple and sort of painless. Just follow these steps and your iPhone will be like brand new:
- Start iTunes on your PC or Mac
- Connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Cancel the automatic backup or let it complete
- Click on your iDevice name on the left column of your iTunes
- Click on Restore (if you have already backup then its ok otherwise select the option Don’t Backup)
- Once you have clicked on Restore your device will be reverted back to the factory settings and Jailbreak will be removed
- If you want to install the apps and settings that have been installed previously then click on Restore from a Backup option.
Do let us know in comments if you experience some problems regarding unjailbreak of iDevices.