In my last post I added Infibeam images, in this post I will be giving my review about this indigenous Indian eBook reader which is crafted by Company name Infibeam.
Infibeam Pi is technically Indian version of Amazon Kindle minus Keyboard. One benefit of Indian product is it’s cheaper than Amazon kindle. Giving an Overview about company behind Pi, Infibeam is largest Online Book store. So they come up with a dedicated eBook reader which is portable and easy to handle.
As I mentioned portable that makes Infibeam light weight (180g) and sleek.
- Height 188 mm
Width 118 mm
Thickness 9.5 mm
Weight 180 gm
- Battery: 1000 mAh Lithium battery
- Charging time: 4 hrs Give output for 7 Days.
- SD card Slot
- 3 mm Audio Connector
- Internal memory= 512MB
- Expandable to 4 GB (Micro SD)
One if the feature which you will love about Pi is that along with eBook reader you can also use it as a Image viewer, Music pod. It supports following file format:
- PDF, EPUB, HTML, TXT, MOBI
- Images: JPG, BMP, PNG
Audio : MP3
Ability to expand the memory to 4GB using external Micro-SD card will give you ample amount of storage to carry your favorite songs.
- Light weight
- Dedicated eBook reader
- Multiple- file format Support
- Support Landscape and Portrait mode
- 3 MM audio jack: should be 3.5mm
- No backlight: Make it useless for night.
Features I would like to see:
With the price of Rs. 9999 I can’t expect Pi to have all the features which I can think of, though here are few things which I would like to see in future version of Pi:
- Backlight or Color Display
- 3.5 Audio Jack.
- Touch Screen: It’s screen always gives an impression of touch screen. How about adding this feature?
With the price tag of 10K (225$) Infibeam is a good pick if you are a dedicated eBook reader. But you should consider few options like you can use it in day time and not in night. If you travel a lot, this could be a useful gadget for you.
You can read more about Pi and order it online here.
Do let us know your feedback about Infibeam Pi.