Apple app store is said to be the best smart phone application platform in the world. Although Android Marketplace is not too far behind but apple app store is exceptional with more than 500,000 application and games and more than 18,000,000,000 downloads as on october 4th 2011.
A great File and Media manager for a smart phone is must, which can make your managing of files and media in your smartphone very easy and systematic. So here’s an Application for iPhone and iPad named “iFiles”. iFiles is a file manager, document viewer, text editor, voice recorder, wi-fi drive, and much more for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. You can transfer files from your computer, carry them around with you, and share them with your friends.
The wifi-drive option in iFiles let you access files from your pc or mac on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can also share files with other users of iFiles over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Email option allows you to Email single or multiple files as attachments.
iFiles lets you view From PDF, Word, iWorks documents to Pictures and more. You can playback music and video files . You can create and edit text files . iFiles also has a build in voice recorder. You can zip and unzip files using iFiles. There is a search option in iFiles which lets you search for files in current folder. iFiles also helps you protect your personal stuff with files and folder lock, for this you need select the file or folder to lock and smoothly slide you hand over the file and click on properties and put pass code lock on. iFiles has an inbuilt browser which lets you search internet and download files directly to iFiles.
With iFiles one can easily make new folder, copy, move, rename, delete, zip, files according to convenience. You can also add media and files to iFiles with the help of iTunes . For this go to iTunes, select your device, go to apps, now scroll down the page and under File Sharing option click on iFiles app from the list, click add button at the bottom of the right window and now you can easily transfer you media and files from your pc to iFiles.
Supported File Formats
- iWorks ’08 and ’09 (Pages, Numbers, Keynote with or without Preview)
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- HTML web pages and Web archives (web pages downloaded by Safari)
- PDF Documents
- RTF (Rich Text Format) and RTFD
- Plain text with auto-detection of character encoding. Text files can also be edited
- Movies (supported file formats by iPhone: MP4, MOV, MPV, 3GP, M4V)
- Audio (WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF, AIF, AIFF, ACC)
- Images (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF, ICO, CUR, XBM)
Supported File Operations
- Move, Copy, Rename, Delete, and Create New Folder
- Zip and Unzip
- Email (directly from iFiles using iPhones email accounts)
- Share files with other iPhone or iPod Touch users over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- View and change properties
- Save images to Photo Library
- Create new Voice Recording
- Take Photos, record movies or import from Photo Library
- Create and edit text files