Times like this are rare. Why? Because Huawei doesn’t usually launch mobile phones, they’re are good at something else, but it looks like they could be good at making mobile phones too. Huawei just unveiled the Honor, a 4 inch FWGA HD touch phone running on Android 2.3.5 that has some really good hardware inside it and also quite good looking.
If you remember, this is not the first time that Huawei is introducing new mobile phones that run on the Android OS. We actually went for a live Press Release of those mobile phones known as Ideos X5, Ideos X2 and Ideos Chat. Though, all those phones were quite good in the area of hardware, but not so good when it came to the Android OS, since they were either running on Android 2.1 or 2.2. However, this time, they’ve kept that in mind and launched the Huawei Honor with Android 2.3.5, the latest version currently available.
The features of this phone is quite impressive, I mean that FWVGA 4 inch HD display does make you go ‘whoa’. Actually, that’s because of the way it looks, strikingly similar to the Samsung Galaxy S. Victor Xu, the chief marketing officer of Huawei Device said;
Huawei Honor encapsulates the Huawei brand – it features simple-to-use, advanced technology that allows people to share and connect easily. Honor provides a package of features that elevates the smartphone user experience, including an ultra-long battery life, so critical to the performance of smartphones but yet is often downplayed. Consumers now have a high-performing smartphone that lets them communicate, connect, entertain and share content for an extended period of time without compromising on looks, technology or style.
Let me list down it’s features then, excluding the beautiful display and Android OS;
- 1.4 Ghz Single core processor
- 4.0 inch 16M 16:9 true color FWVGA capacitive touch screen
- 8 megapixels auto focus camera supporting HDR, with 2 megapixels front-facing camera
- Measures 10.9mm (0.43 inches) at its thinnest point and weighs around 140g (0.3 pounds)
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth V2.1 with A2DP, Micro USB 2.0 port
- 512M RAM + 4G ROM memory with a memory card slot up to 32GB
- 1900mAh battery
- Exclusive Huawei user-interface with a dynamic weather widget
- 160GB network capacity CloudDrive
- DLNA-certified enables sharing with other DLNA-certified devices