After the huge success of HTC Wildfire, HTC has launched HTC Wildfire S which has hit the stores yesterday i.e 25th May 2011. The phone which is mainly targeted with the launch of this phone might be Samsung Galaxy Ace.
HTC Wildfire S, is the successor to the original Wildfire and is a really nice budget phone with all those awesome features of a powerful smartphone. Like all HTC phones, this doesn’t look quite different either. Hmmm.. so what is the difference between Wildfire and Wildfire S? The first thing you’ll notice is that the name now has a capital S next to Wildfire. Then there’s the slightly redesigned body, plus this has Bluetooth 3.0 and a 70Mhz faster processor and Gingerbread 2.3.
- HTC Wildfire S comes with Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) and of course, HTC Sense.
- 600 Mhz processor with 512MB of RAM.
- A 5 megapixels camera with auto focus, LED flash and geo-tagging.
- 3.2 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels. It is light and weighs only 105 grams.
- 512 MB of internal storage. The memory can be expanded using microSD memory card.
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensor. 3G, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v3.0 are available.
- It has a 1230 mAh Lithium-ion battery
This phone is priced around Rs. 14,000 which might give it an edge over its competitor (rumoured) phone, Samsung Galaxy Ace. The HTC Wildfire was a huge success, and for the price it was available that was something really good. I don’t think Rs. 14,000 is a bad price at all, and I reckon the Wildfire S will certainly start a Wildfire, once again.
So, what do you think about this phone? Would you buy it? Do comment.