HTC is stepping into the affordable Android Phone market. Do you remember HTC Pico? HTC Pico was the leaked version of HTC Explorer. Just like the most of them, another HTC leak proved out to be true. HTC Explorer just has a few changes from the leaked info but the info given in this post could be trusted more without even a single doubt because it has been officially announced by HTC itself.
This is HTC’s most affordable smart phone till now as said by HTC. The design is good and the phone looks quite attractive. The specs are also good. You can know about the specifications below.
- It will have a TFT capacitive touchscreen.
- The size of the display screen would be 3.2 inches with a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels.
- The internal memory of the phone is 90 MB which is expandable up to 32 GB.
- It has a RAM of 384 MB and ROM of 512 MB.
- HTC Sense version 3.5 would be available in this phone.
- It will have a 5 megapixels rear camera with autofocus, LED flash, face detection, wide-screen photo capture and geo-tagging. Normal video recording would be available in this phone. Secondary camera won’t be available.
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and microUSB 2.0 would be available in the “Connectivity” section.
- It will run on Android v2.3(Gingerbread) which you will find in many phones these days.
- It will have a 1230 mAh battery. The details are:-
Standby time – Up to 485 h (2G) / Up to 445 h (3G)
Talktime – Up to 7 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 33 min (3G)
- HTC Explorer would be available in Active Black, Active Navy, Metallic Black, Metallic Navy colors.
HTC Explorer is a wonderful low-cost Android phone. Another cool thing about the phone is that it would have exchangeable back-covers which was available on a Micromax phone a while ago. This phone will hit the stores in the fourth quarter of 2011 and the first parts of country to taste this phone would be Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Share your views and comments about HTC Explorer in the comments.
Photo Credit: GSMArena