HP announced three products today at its WebOS event, “Think Beyond”: the HP Pre3 and the HP Veer smartphones and the HP TouchPad tablet. A high point of these devices is that they have capabilities of syncing data, contacts and calendar events with each other using its tap-to-share functionality. Lets see the tech-specs of each of these.
1. HP Veer
Jon Rubenstein(formerly of Palm), introduced to the gathering at the HP event its rather small smartphone, HP Veer. According to him, while everyone is trying to make bigger smartphones, HP thinks beyond by thinking small.
The features of this power-packed device are:
- Size of a credit-card: 2.6″, 320*400 touch screen, Slider phone
- QWERTY Keyboard, GPS, Flash support
- USB port, HSPA+, 802.11 b/g, bluetooth
- 8GB storage, RAM same as the Pre 2, Qualcomm Snapdragon second generation processor
- Accelerometer, HP Mobile HotSpot feature.
- WebOS 2.2
- May be available by Spring this year, price unknown
2.Palm Pre 3
Like the previous Palm Pre’s and the HP Veer, it is also has an upward slider-design and it comes as an update to the previous Palm Pre device. Its keyboard is the largest QWERTY board of any WebOS phone till date.This tablet makes use of the HP Touchstone technology.
- Size:3.6″, 480*800 WVGA display,
- 5MP rear-camera with autofocus/LED flash, front-facing camera, HD video
- HSPA+ 4G, Wi-Fi
- 1.4 GHz Snapdragon processor, available in 8GB and 16GB models
- To be available by Summer, price unrevealed.
3.HP TouchPad tablet
9.7-inch screen-size reminds us of the iPad because generally tablets we see are of 10.1″. Here HP enters with this particular size. One of its catchy applications, enables it to go into its exhibition mode, while it is charging, to show off the calendar, pictures, etc. Depending on where one is docked, it shows personal stuff at home, and the work related stuff at the office.
- WebOS 2.2
- 13.7mm thick, 1.6 pounds, 9.7-inch 1024×768 display, 1.3 megapixel webcam
- Video calling, Beats Audio technology, Stereo speakers.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth 2.1
- 16 or 32 GB storage. Gyroscope, accelerometer and compass
- The tablet version of webOS uses “Card Stacks” to manage applications.
- Enriched Multi-tasking and user experience owing to the WebOS.
We will be back with a full review of each device soon so keep subscribed to us.