If you had been waiting to upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 due to the lack of a stable jailbreak solution, your wait is now over. We just informed you about Dev-team’s release of an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1. This tutorial will show you how to jailbreak iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool on Mac.
Since, this is an untethered jailbreak solution you will not have to worry about using Redsn0w or PwnageTool everytime you reboot your iOS device.
Warning for Ultrasn0w Users:
If you use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS, you must wait now as Ultrasn0w has not been updated yet to support unlocking on iOS 4.3.1 Proceed with this method only if you don’t require an Ultrasn0w unlock immediately.
Tools Required to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1:
Download these files first:
- PwnageTool 4.3
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS:
Launch PwnageTool after mounting it on your Mac(double click downloaded file) and click on OK when you see the following warning.
- Click on Expert Mode at the top.
- Click on the iPhone’s icon and then on the blue arrow to proceed.
- Now tap on browse for IPSW and point it to the firmware file you downloaded above and click on open.
- Click on General and then the blue arrow to proceed.
- Select Activate the phone if you are not using a SIM from an official provider. Those who own a factory unlocked iPhone 4 do not need to select this.
- Hit the back button and now select Build and then click the blue arrow to proceed.
- Once you assign the save location, the custom IPSW file will start building.
- A minute or two later you will be asked to enter your computer’s password to proceed. After that allow ten minutes to finish building the IPSW file.
- Once complete you will be asked to connect iPhone to your Mac. You will now be guided to put iPhone into DFU mode in order to proceed.
- Once in DFU mode, close PwnageTool and launch iTunes. In iTunes press Alt button on your Mac and then click on Restore. Point iTunes to the custom IPSW made using PwnageTool.
iTunes will now restore your iPhone and in ten minutes your iPhone will restart jailbroken with Cydia installed.
You have an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS. Feel free to ask us if you run into any trouble.