WhatsApp is one of most commonly used cross-platform instant messenger apps. It’s available on almost all platforms and even Windows Phone 7 will be getting it soon. However, one some platforms, it’s not free and it just won’t work if you don’t have a phone. WhatsApp isn’t made for devices that don’t function as a phone. It specifically requires a phone number to be activated.
WE live in a world full of stubborn people who believe in not believing what I just said. And it’s thanks to those people that we have things like jailbreak, rooting, hacking, Custom ROMs, unlocks and much much more. It’s also thanks to them that we were able to install and use WhatsApp on an iPad. Now, we have a tutorial on how to do the same with the Apple iPod Touch.
The iPod Touch, since iPod Touch doesn’t have a SIM, is not compatible with WhatsApp. But, if you follow this tutorial, then you can force the WhatsApp messenger to run on your iPod Touch 4G too. You can try it out on your older iPod Touch and let us know if it works on them.
Guide to Install WhatsApp on iPod Touch:
- Install WhatsApp on your iPod Touch. If you couldn’t find it on the App Store, then you can download it manually or use Installous to get it. You’ll need a jailbroken iPod Touch of course.
- If the first step doesn’t work for you, then download iPhone Configuration Utility and also download WhatsApp from iTunes.
- Open iPhone Configuration utility and select your iPod Touch from the left-hand side. Now head over to Applications and click on Add IPA.
- Select the downloaded WhatsApp ipa, which should be in the iTunes Media> Mobile Applications folder on your computer.
- After selection click on install and it should be installed on your iPod Touch.
- Now go to Cydia and search for WhatsPad. Install and reboot your device.