Google Docs is coming up with new features very often and I am very exited to share a very useful new feature in Google Doc. Google rolled out a new advanced chat feature in Google Docs which will allow you to chat with multiple people simultaneously. You can invite people to chat just by adding thier email address like @[email protected] People can also edit the document simultaneously.
You can easily resolve the chat and when someone replies to chat, you get an email notification in your Inbox. Getting email notification is very handy but if you think that it’s creating spam in your Inbox then you can change the notification setting also.
Here is what Google have to say about the new feature in it’s official blog:
With this feature, we want to encourage rapid and seamless discussions, help the right people participate, as well as integrate discussions with email in an intuitive way
Here is the detail on how to use this awesome feature in Google Docs:
- When you will create a new doc ( Right now the feature is only enabled in newly created docs), you will see an option ‘Discussion”.
- Discussion option allows you to enable discussion on that doc and you can even change the notification settings of discussion.
- When you will select any content on the document and Right-click it, you will notice comment option.
- Clicking comment options, you can start the discussion with other people. If you want to add new people to discussion, you can use the format : @[email protected] That person will get the invitation to join discussion via Email.
- Whenever you will get new reply in thread, you will get an email notification ( By default) and you can reply via email itself.
- Another good part is that you can resolve the discussion also and reopen it by clicking “open discussion” option.
Check out the video below to know better:
I tried this featured and found it useful and clutter-free. It’s is useful for everyone who is using Google docs as collaboration tool for sharing content and projects with thier team and friends because it makes easy to share views and makes discussions fast and easy.
So, explore the new feature of Google docs and do share your feedback with us.