Last month Gmail encountered a fatal error and more than 150k Gmail accounts were lost temporarily. However Google had resolved the problem and all accounts had been restored but the incident is sufficient to alert Gmail users and Gmail backup is now almost must.
Gmail Backup is small Open Source desktop application with which anyone can generate backup of all emails stored in Gmail account. We have to just enter the Gmail account username and password and GMail Backup does all after it. We can download backup in any folder on our PC HDD or USB memory. The downloaded files are in eml format which is compatible with many other applications.
How GMail Backup Works
- First Download Gmail Backup from here
- Run the installation
- After installation run the Gmail Backup and you will se following options;
- Your Gmail address
- Your Gmail password
- Directory where you want to store the backup files
- Date range for emails to download
- Carefully fill and select required options and press the backup button
Done! Gmail Backup will download all selected emails to the backup directory those can be restored any time by selecting option “restore”.
Do let us know which software do you use to take backup of your Gmail account?