First the iPad, now the Dell Streak (formerly known as the Mini-5). Dell has finally announced the launch of their Streak mini tablet PC. The code name Dell mini 5 is because of 5 inch touchscreen display. Dell says that its new tablet sits ‘between traditional smartphones and larger-screen tablets’ and features a 1GHz processor, 2GB of internal memory and runs on Google’s Android operating system.
The Streak Mini 5-inch screen display is bigger than a cellphone and half as large as an iPad. It currently runs on the Android 1.6 operating system with Dell user interface and has 2GB of internal memory is expandable to 32GB via microSD. Now lets see the specifications of Dell Streak Mini 5
- 5-inch WVGA (800 x 480) multi-touch display
- 1 GHz Snapdragon ARM-based processor from Quallcomm
- 5 MP Camera with autofous and two LED flash
- Battery can be replaced by the user
- Integrated 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g), Bluetooth 2.1
- UMTS / GPRS / Edge
- Holds Micro-SD cards with capacity of 32 GB
- Tailor-made and custom version of Google Android
- Works with Microsoft Exchange through Touchdown
Watch the Video about Dell Streak Mini tablet
Dell announced that the Dell Streak tablet device would be available to UK customers in early June. It will be available to US customers later this summer. Pricing information is yet to be announced.
The company says that it has designed the device to be used more as a data device rather than a voice device. It also said to be working on larger editons of streak with 7 and 10 inch display.