Three words best describe this very very useful web client for sharing files, “Share. Files. Fast.” CloudApp is a web based client for Mac OS X that can be used to share files such as images, music, videos etc just by dragging the required file and dropping it on the Menubar. Once you select the file to upload and drag it to the menubar CloudApp will provide you with a short URL that will automatically be copied to the clipboard for later use.
And because this is a web client, you’ll have to register at GetCloudapp to make use of this free and fast file sharing service. You can also drag and drop files from Finder, access it from your iPhone through the web client and also make new shortcuts to upload files directly from various Mac Applications like iTunes, iPhoto and more. There are plug-ins available for such applications known as Raindrops, which enable the direct upload feature on applications. Soon there will also be an iPhone App to upload and share files, but until then you can use Cloudette to manage and view your shared files on your iPhone/iPod Touch and Cloud2Go(third-party app) to also upload images and other files.
CloudApp requires Mac OS X 10.5 and above and to download the Raindrop plug-ins you can visit this page.
Tell us what do you think of this file-sharing service. And to clear doubts, this is for users who like to share pictures, music, videos, screenshots etc of small sizes because the upload limit of a single file is 250mb and you can share up to 25 items in a day.
Whether you are a blogger or a developer or a teacher, if you do take a lot of screenshots on your Mac you will really like this small tool called Desktop Curtain which will provide a clean clutter free background for your screenshots. Why take the trouble of moving all your desktop icons away when you have Desktop Curtain. App review after the break.
Mac App Store is having lots of applications which includes both paid and free apps. Few days back we have shared with you free productive apps for Mac and today I am sharing with you few free games from Mac App Store which you will love to play.
Here are 5 free games from Mac App Store:
If you like racing games then you will like Vroom Vroom too. It is a free and good racing game which can be played by anyone from beginners to expert. You need to cross the laps just like another racing game.
More Mac Apps:
I like Hedgewars game. It is total fun and most additive of all. It is having a cute pink hedgehogs and lots of different weapons for battles. The new version is much more improved.
As the name says its a battle game. It includes 40 different battle fields and it also allows online multiplayers which makes game more interesting.
Master of Gomuku:
Don’t like racing or battle game then try out interesting board game, Master of Gokumu. You need to row 5 stones given before any other player do. You can play with computer as well as with multiplayers.
BasketMania is a true relaxing game. It is a basket ball game and you can select different mode. It also allows you to share your results on Twitter and Facebook with your friends.
If you are a game lover than do share with us which game you prefer to play on Mac?
When it comes to finance and managing my money records, I am not that efficient. I do prefer to use some or other tool to manage my money and let me know where I am spending my money and how much money I am saving.
I tried few money managing apps but they were packed with many complex features which were confusing. I always prefer to use a simple application which suits my requirement and Saving is a very user-friendly application for Mac which can easily manage personal finance.
Here are few features of Saving App for Mac:
- It can handle multiple accounts.
- Provides proper categories like checking accounts, saving accounts, credit cards etc.
- Keep tracks of account that is from where money is coming and where your money is getting spend.
- Keep tracks of up and downs of your bills, balance, expenses and more.
- Imports transactions from bank easily and supports multiple currencies.
- It is easy to search any transaction or expenses in Saving app.
Check out the screenshots below:
I like the way it represent all my data and not just few numbers. It provides the report in an easy form and as I am not an account student I find it very easy to keep track of my money in an interesting way. The interface and navigation of application is also good.
It is also useful for freelancers or bloggers to manage their money. Overall Saving App for Mac is packed with lots of useful feature and that too in simple way. It is available for free trial if you like the app then you can buy it for $19.99. You can download Saving App for Mac from it’s official website.
Installing any application on Mac is very easy. You just need to drag and drop the app in Application folder. If you are not aware how to install any application on Mac then here is a quick guide:
- Download the app. ( Here I am downloading CleanApp )
- Once you will download the app, you will get a dialog box having App icon.
- Now drag that app icon in your Application folder.
- Done guys, your application is installed. You can see the app icon in your application folder.
Just as installing, deleting application is equally easy as you just need to drag the app icon to Trash. But while deleting many applications, few of the related files are not deleted from your Mac.
In such case, there is an application called as CleanApp which removes all unwanted app files from Mac. CleanApp is a user-friendly app with good interface to get rid of all unwanted files which are saved in different locations by just drape and drop. It is one of the best Mac uninstaller I came across.
Download Link to CleanApp
- Download and install CleanApp ( follow above installation steps )
- Once installed you will see a dialog box like below. Click on left icon to logging to CleanApp.
- Once logging is done, CleanApp will keep track of all the app installed and where are files saved of the app. Thus while removing it will be aware from where to delete all related files.
- When you want to uninstall any app, just drag n drop it to CleanApp and it will find all related and duplicate file to be removed and it will trash same.
- It will provide you all related files to that dragged app and duplicate files too, if there are any. You can even scan again to search duplicate or relevant files.
More Mac Applications:
As a blogger, I find this app very useful because I keep on trying new applications to share with my readers and CleanApp becomes very handy when I need to uninstall unwanted apps on Mac. It is available for free trial, so that you can pay later if you like the application. CleanApp costs $15 and it’s worth giving a try.
If you are using any other Mac uninstalling app then do share with us.