Back in November Hotmail came up with a new feature of managing multiple email accounts and today Hotmail added a new email Alias feature. This feature will help you to create, read, reply to mulitple email from single inbox that is no need to log-in to all the email accounts.
The good part about the new alias feature is that now you can create a totally different email address that you can use to recieve emails into your primary account and others won’t even come to know about the your primary email ID. This is very handy feature because many of us prefer to use different email addresses for personal and professional use and don’t want to reveal it with others. You can create up to 5 aliases per year.
Here is how the new Alias feature works:
- Login to your Hotmail account and go to this URL: http://mail.live.com/?rru=createalias
- Enter the Email Id and Hotmail also provide you option to select from Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.in or live.com.Now click on “Create Alias”.
- After clicking “Done” you will recieve a confirmation mail from Hotmail.
- Now you can start using Alias feature.
This feature is avialable in Gmail since long but then also its good that Hotmail trying to provide useful features to its users. It’s good to be late than never. I am a hardcore Gmail lover and even with this new Alias feature I don’t think that I will start using Hotmail. But if you are a Hotmail user then let us know that this Alias feature is useful for you or not?
Via: Windows blog
Mac App Store is having lots of applications which includes both paid and free apps. Few days back we have shared with you free productive apps for Mac and today I am sharing with you few free games from Mac App Store which you will love to play.
Here are 5 free games from Mac App Store:
If you like racing games then you will like Vroom Vroom too. It is a free and good racing game which can be played by anyone from beginners to expert. You need to cross the laps just like another racing game.
More Mac Apps:
I like Hedgewars game. It is total fun and most additive of all. It is having a cute pink hedgehogs and lots of different weapons for battles. The new version is much more improved.
As the name says its a battle game. It includes 40 different battle fields and it also allows online multiplayers which makes game more interesting.
Master of Gomuku:
Don’t like racing or battle game then try out interesting board game, Master of Gokumu. You need to row 5 stones given before any other player do. You can play with computer as well as with multiplayers.
BasketMania is a true relaxing game. It is a basket ball game and you can select different mode. It also allows you to share your results on Twitter and Facebook with your friends.
If you are a game lover than do share with us which game you prefer to play on Mac?
WinZip and WinRaR are one of the most popular tools for compressing files. But these are paid tools and thus earlier we have shared with you few free alternatives to WinZip and WinRaR. Sometimes it happens that we have to compress files but don’t have any file compressing tool installed then in such condition there are free online Zipping tools available which are user-friendly as well as free.
Here are 5 Free tools to Zip your Files online:
NippyZip allows you to compress files and share with your friends via email. You can upload max size of file to 5024KB. You don’t require any registration or account to use NippyZip. Just upload the file and enter the CAPTCHA and you are done.
OnlineZip also allows you to zip files online unto 5 files and you can either download it or email the files. No registration required only you need to enter CAPTCHA and done. It also shows you count number about how many files you zip that day and how many email you sent.
ZipMyFiles don’t allow you to send emails but you can download the zipped files. The good part about ZipMyFiles is that it provides unlimited access and no registration thus when you want to zip lots of files then ZipMyFile is good option for you.
ZipIt allows you to zip 20 files having size of 90 megabytes in all. ZipIt provides you to give the name to the archive while zipping the file. Again just like other tools, it doesn’t require registration and no CAPTCHA also.
More Online Tools:
A very simple way to zip any number of files online. Just select files and zip it. No registration or CAPTCHA required just like Zip-it online tool. But if you will try to upload illegal files then you will get banned and can’t use FileStomp anymore.
If you are using any other online tool to zip your files on go then do share with us. For more useful online tools you can subscribe to CallingAllGeeks or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
When it comes to finance and managing my money records, I am not that efficient. I do prefer to use some or other tool to manage my money and let me know where I am spending my money and how much money I am saving.
I tried few money managing apps but they were packed with many complex features which were confusing. I always prefer to use a simple application which suits my requirement and Saving is a very user-friendly application for Mac which can easily manage personal finance.
Here are few features of Saving App for Mac:
- It can handle multiple accounts.
- Provides proper categories like checking accounts, saving accounts, credit cards etc.
- Keep tracks of account that is from where money is coming and where your money is getting spend.
- Keep tracks of up and downs of your bills, balance, expenses and more.
- Imports transactions from bank easily and supports multiple currencies.
- It is easy to search any transaction or expenses in Saving app.
Check out the screenshots below:
I like the way it represent all my data and not just few numbers. It provides the report in an easy form and as I am not an account student I find it very easy to keep track of my money in an interesting way. The interface and navigation of application is also good.
It is also useful for freelancers or bloggers to manage their money. Overall Saving App for Mac is packed with lots of useful feature and that too in simple way. It is available for free trial if you like the app then you can buy it for $19.99. You can download Saving App for Mac from it’s official website.
Installing any application on Mac is very easy. You just need to drag and drop the app in Application folder. If you are not aware how to install any application on Mac then here is a quick guide:
- Download the app. ( Here I am downloading CleanApp )
- Once you will download the app, you will get a dialog box having App icon.
- Now drag that app icon in your Application folder.
- Done guys, your application is installed. You can see the app icon in your application folder.
Just as installing, deleting application is equally easy as you just need to drag the app icon to Trash. But while deleting many applications, few of the related files are not deleted from your Mac.
In such case, there is an application called as CleanApp which removes all unwanted app files from Mac. CleanApp is a user-friendly app with good interface to get rid of all unwanted files which are saved in different locations by just drape and drop. It is one of the best Mac uninstaller I came across.
Download Link to CleanApp
- Download and install CleanApp ( follow above installation steps )
- Once installed you will see a dialog box like below. Click on left icon to logging to CleanApp.
- Once logging is done, CleanApp will keep track of all the app installed and where are files saved of the app. Thus while removing it will be aware from where to delete all related files.
- When you want to uninstall any app, just drag n drop it to CleanApp and it will find all related and duplicate file to be removed and it will trash same.
- It will provide you all related files to that dragged app and duplicate files too, if there are any. You can even scan again to search duplicate or relevant files.
More Mac Applications:
As a blogger, I find this app very useful because I keep on trying new applications to share with my readers and CleanApp becomes very handy when I need to uninstall unwanted apps on Mac. It is available for free trial, so that you can pay later if you like the application. CleanApp costs $15 and it’s worth giving a try.
If you are using any other Mac uninstalling app then do share with us.