The official 2011 WWDC iPhone app is live now a few days before the start of the WWDC conference just like last year. However, this time the app is universal and available for not only iPhone and iPod Touch users but iPads as well. A valid WWDC ticket is required to login and use the app after the free download.
Attending or not we are all very excited about the upcoming WWDC conference. We’ll be seeing the unveiling of Mac OS X Lion, iCloud and iOS 5 during the event on June 6th, 2011.
This app is meant for the people who are attending WWDC 2011 and thus requires you to sign in using the Apple ID used to activate the WWDC ticket. After login people can view the schedule, make labs reservations etc.
Here’s the full list of the things the attendees can do with the free WWDC App.
- Reserve Time at the Labs - The WWDC 2011 app allows you to make a reservation at the User Interface, App Review, iTunes Connect, Program Support, or Developer Publication lab. Once you make a lab reservation, it will appear in the schedule section of the app when you filter your view by Favorites.
- Sessions and Labs Schedule - View the daily conference schedule including lunchtime and evening events. Filter your view to search by technology, platform, sessions, or labs.
- Create Your WWDC Schedule - Tap on the detail view of any session, lab, or event. Then tap “Add to Favorites”. Your selections will be added to the Favorites section of the app and can be updated on-the-go.
- Locate Sessions and Labs - Easily find your way around Moscone West with detailed floor maps. You can also tap on a specific session or lab for the level and location where you need to go.
- Conference News - Stay up-to-date with all the announcements during the week. The WWDC 2011 app provides you with the latest news as soon as it’s announced.
- Conference Photos - View photos of the WWDC experience. Images from the sessions, labs, and special events will be added daily.