Hey everyone, so, since we are not live at the Apple iPhone Event that will be starting in moments, we will try our best to keep you updated with what’s happening. Of course, we’ll be following certain live blogs as our source and we will be updating this post with the happenings at the event so that all you loyal readers don’t miss anything. We’re following Engadgets live updates. And don’t forget to refresh this page every 2 minutes.
Okay, the event hasn’t started yet, the Media representatives have already been let inside the 4 Infinite Loop, official headquarters of Apple inc.
- Everybody else is standing in line, waiting for entry as we speak. Ralph de la Vega, the CEO of AT&T was reportedly seen with an iPhone 4, not an iPhone 5 or 4S.
- The bloggers have also been seated. And the presentation should begin shortly, unless the roof falls down, which we hope doesn’t happen.
- Alright, nothing bad has happened. Tim Cook is on the stage, the new CEO of Apple. Talking about innovation in software and hardware. New Apple Stores in China and the influence of Apple products. He also stated that this is his first product launch. That means, there is going to be a new product.
- Tim is now talking about how the Mac market has gone. Apple has 23 percent market share when it comes to operating system. He’s also talking about the iPod, which has 78 percent market share in it’s industry. Also mentioned that it took Sony 30 years to sell 220,000 Walkmans. iPod sales cross 300 million.
- Finally, the moment, Tim is now talking about the iPhone sales and increase in market share and how the iPhone 4 constitutes more than half of all the iPhones sold.
- And now it’s the Apple iPad that Tim’s bragging about. Over 250 million iOS devices have been sold worldwide.
- Scott Forstall, the senior vice president of iOS software is now on the stage, talking about the App Store and apps. Over 500,000 apps are now available in the Apple App Store.
- Talks on iOS 5 has begun. He’s talking about the new features in iOS 5 such as notifications, iMessages, Newstand, the new camera features and such. Game center, Safari browser improvements.
They also showed an image that doesn’t look like the iPhone 4. iPhone 5??
Does it look like iPhone 4 to you? the above image.
- Now they’re talking about Wireless updates in iOS 5 and the iCloud. Well, Eddy Cue, the iTunes chief for Apple is talking about iCloud and iTunes integration. iTunes Match is going to come up too. Photos can be uploaded directly to iCloud, may or may not be safe there. Kidding, obviously it’ll be safe. iCloud is going to be free.
- iOS5 will be available to app developer from October 12th.
- Eddy talking about Find my friends feature which is new and very useful. You can share your location with your friends temporary for couple of hrs lets say, which will help them to get your direction. ( Editors: In nutshell, it’s like find my iPhone but with friends and sharing feature enabled).
- Phil W. Schiller took the stage and he is talking about iPod Nano and accessories like cool iPod Nano watches including cool Micky mouse watch. iPod Nano gets new price:
- 8Gb: $129
- 16Gb: $149
- Now he is talking about iPod touch which is going to have iOS 5 and ofcourse iMessage which is going to make things easier for iPod touch users.
- iPod Touch is going to come in white color too and prices are going to be
- 8Gb: $199
- 32Gb: $299
- 64Gb: $399
- Now He is talking about iPhone. At-last!
- Huge disappointment to Apple fan, he is talking about iPhone 4S and not iPhone 5. Though we are not really pleased, but he is pleased telling about iPhone4S.
- It’s going to be same as iPhone 4 from outside but major is hardware upgrade. It will have A5 chip which is 2X faster than current iPhone 4 and will have Dual core graphics.
- Now Mike Capps from Epic is talking about Infinity blade 2 game and showing a live demo.
- Phil is back on stage.
- He is talking about the battery life of iPhone 4S. It’ll have 8 hours of 3G talktime, 6 Hours of browsing and 9 hours on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video and 40 hours of music. The graphics are improved 7 times.
- He’s talking about the upgraded Antenna and the new wireless system, which can now quickly switch between two antennas to recieve and transmit data. This will also improve call quality and will get rid of the call drop problem.
- Download speeds will increase up to 2x. Say 14 mbps.
- iPhone 4S is going to be a world phone, both GSM and CDMA. That’s pretty cool.
- And some good news, the iPhone 4S gets an improved 8 megapixel camera with a 3264 x 2448 resolution, 60 percent more pixels. It’s also one-third quicker that iPhone 4 camera and also has backside illumination with IR filter
- New camera comes with Face detection technology and 26 percent better white balance all thanks to the new image signal processor designed by Apple.
- He’s now comparing the iPhone 4s camera with Droid Bionic, SGS 2, HTC Sensation. The iPhone 4S camera beats them all.
- Now, it’s about video recording. HD video recording bumped up to 1080p with image stabilization and noise reduction.
- AirPlay mirroring is available, either wired or wirelessly. Games and movies on the big screen.
- The Assistant feature is being called Siri Time and it is awesome.
- You ask Siri questions and it actually responds to you. AI at it’s best on a mobile device yet. Ask for the weather and it’ll give you instant weather forecast for your area. Ask it to set an alarm for 12 midnight and it will set the alarm. Ask it to find a restaurant around you and it will come up with a list. It’s pretty amazing.
- And they’re still on about Siri. We know it’s awesome, but come on. New features please.
- Finally Scott has stepped down and Phil is back.
- He’s talking about another new feature in Siri known as Dictation. A new mic icon will appear next to the Spacebar on Keyboard and you can dictate to type. Speech to text basically. Requires data connection.
- 16GB: $199
- 32GB for $299
- 64GB for $399