Techmeme is undoubtedly the best Technology News aggregator in the world. Gabe Rivera, the founder of Techmeme has really made it simpler and easier for the people to get all the hot Technology News of the day at one place. It’s an incredible way to stay up on the present buzz occurring in the tech blogosphere.
“Where do tech journalists go to read tech journalism? Techmeme doesn’t offer any original content, but it offers a well curated aggregation of some of the best industry coverage the Web has to offer,” according to PC Magazine, which included it in one of the top 100 Websites of 2010.
If you are running a Tech News Blog, then you would love to get your Blog on Techmeme for number of reasons including targeted Traffic, Promotion and quality Backlinks from high authority sites.
Inclusion of news stories depends on many factors. Previously, stories were included by Techmeme bots so it was more an automated process but now a few human editors have been added who also review news stories before addition to Techmeme.
It’s not easy to get your blog featured on Techmeme but if you will follow below tips then chances are higher that your blog will be included.
5 Tips to get popular on TechMeme
1. Become a news breaker. Write breaking news related to Tech giants such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Twitter.
2. If you blogged about some unique piece on your blog E.g “Mark Zuckerberg’s Beijing Adventure”, you can tip Techmeme about the story and your story would have good chances to get indexed on the site.
3. If you are re-blogging some news story, then most probably your news wouldn’t be included, but if you are providing some unique context that is missing from the current Techmeme Discussion then it can get featured.
4. If your blog is already indexed by Techmeme then your blog can become the part of the Techmeme Discussion section by just blogging about the current news. This is not always the case but the chances are pretty high.
5. In order to inform Techmeme about your breaking news or some exclusive piece on Tech, you can tip them using Twitter or through Email to Editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tipping them through Twitter is more preferable. Include “Tip @Techmeme” in your tweet along with the Title and the URL of the news story you’d like to appear.
If you would like to include any other useful tip in above mentioned tips feel free to tell us in comments.