You may be habitual to change Windows desktop background image easily via desktop properties. Have you ever thought to change background of a folder? We can change the background of a folder easily in Windows XP.
Below are two simple methods to change the background image of a folder in Win XP.
By desktop.ini file
- First make right click on the folder and go to its properties > Customize > change icon
- Choose an icon for folder and a file named desktop.ini will be automatically created
- Desktop.ini is a hidden system file which exists in folder but we can’t see it. To view desktop.ini file go to upper option bar of explorer and select folder options. Here tick on the “show hidden files and folders”. After doing this you will be able to see the desktop.ini file.
- If you are still unable to see this file then;
- Copy and paste this code in a notepad file
IconArea_Image=E:DRIVE DTITANICMY IMAGES224042007(003).jpg ( example image path)
- Change example image path with your desired image and save this notepad file as desktop.ini
You will be asked to replace existing file and you have to replace it. Now you can see the image as folder background.
Second easy and quick way
Using customize folder wizard
It is a little executable customization file with which you can easily change the background of a folder.
- Download the Customization file here
- Copy this file into the folder that background you want to change.
- Execute the file and browse images to set as background.
Thus you can change the folder background easily. You can share any other trick to change the folder background in Windows XP.